ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

At what point should a Renault gearbox (TL4 box) be replaced

Not a 320d
Basically, Ive done 14,000 miles in the GT now and I was beginning to wonder at what point the TL4 box needs to be replaced. What with them being made from plastic and all.

Not a 320d
Well, when I put it in 3rd, with a little enthusiasm (i dont mean ramming it in) it sometimes crunches. Its a generally s**t gearbox all round but surely not this bad? The only other manuals I drive are all BMW's which have real gearboxes.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Well, when I put it in 3rd, with a little enthusiasm (i dont mean ramming it in) it sometimes crunches. Its a generally s**t gearbox all round but surely not this bad? The only other manuals I drive are all BMW's which have real gearboxes.

I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with it mate, they just do that if you try and rush the synchros. If only there was a sensibly priced replacement :(

I'd love to find a way of mating a CTR 'box to the engine. Would be glorious!

Not a 320d
Ive started changing gear in a calm fassion now. I hate Renault gearboxes. The JC5 in the 172 wasnt exactly that bad, why is the TL4 such a piece of s**t.