ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At what point should a Renault gearbox (TL4 box) be replaced

Not a 320d
Basically, Ive done 14,000 miles in the GT now and I was beginning to wonder at what point the TL4 box needs to be replaced. What with them being made from plastic and all.

Not a 320d
Well, when I put it in 3rd, with a little enthusiasm (i dont mean ramming it in) it sometimes crunches. Its a generally s**t gearbox all round but surely not this bad? The only other manuals I drive are all BMW's which have real gearboxes.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Well, when I put it in 3rd, with a little enthusiasm (i dont mean ramming it in) it sometimes crunches. Its a generally s**t gearbox all round but surely not this bad? The only other manuals I drive are all BMW's which have real gearboxes.

I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with it mate, they just do that if you try and rush the synchros. If only there was a sensibly priced replacement :(

I'd love to find a way of mating a CTR 'box to the engine. Would be glorious!

Not a 320d
Ive started changing gear in a calm fassion now. I hate Renault gearboxes. The JC5 in the 172 wasnt exactly that bad, why is the TL4 such a piece of s**t.