ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attaching Number Plates

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Right iv got my normal plates and a set of show plate.

What i want to know is the best way to attach the plates but allow me to change them quickly without having to scrape any s**t off the back every time i pull em off.

I used some velcro today which was strong but the sticky back came away from the velcro back and the thin sticky strip stayed on the bumper lol. So the velcro is strong as fook but shitty stuff.

Is it just that iv bought crap velcro or does everyone have this problem?
Any other ideas?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I've always been told that using velcro for number plates was a a bit dodgy.

Just in case the police see, they may think that it's a quick and easy way to change number plates etc.... So the car looks like a different car.

I got velcro from Wilkinsons £2 ..make sure you clean any dust or grease off before you stick it or it will just peel back off.
Mine works a treat :)

Mk1 Maxim Sport
sorted it now, cheers all. got some heavy duty velcro from local diy shop, cost me £7 but its mint stuff and its really strong. plates come off with a good pull and the velcro has stuck really well to the plates.