ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi got downgraded :-(

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ive had my Audi over a year now, always loved the look of it but didnt like the ride, 19" RS4 replica alloys, with a 35 profile tyres alongside the factory sport suspension was back braking stuff.
So today i text the apprentice at work for a laugh saying would he swap his Genuine A4 B7 18" wheels which he just put 4x avon zz5's tyres on last week @ £510 for my RS4 reps which have budget tyres on, fronts only being on 3mm, slightly buckled rear wheel and all curbed (previous owner i must add) He said yes so we met at work and swapped them over.
Ride is now so much quieter and smoother, and the grip from the Avon ZZ5's is properly satisfying.

Only downside is my car doesnt look as good? :-(

Before

SAM_0116.jpg

And now

IMAG0209.gif

IMAG0208.gif

IMAG0206.gif

IMAG0205.gif

IMAG0204.gif

IMAG0207.gif

Astra Twintop
Function > Looks surely?

I'd rather enjoy the drive, rather than have my spine jarred!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Sorry for what? Putting proper wheels on rather than cheap s**t chinese wheels?

Didnt understand what you were getting at, yea genuine wheels are deffo better and worth alot more than my 6 year old mickey wing wang rs4 wheels.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks nice. I was looking at these for my a4 but decided to go for some rota reps instead (bring on the haterz).

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
is that on the standard sport suspension? i changed my sport springs to some eibach sportlines last week.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I Can see why you swapped, and fully agree with your reasoning and would have probably done the same but youve just dated your car around 5 years IMO

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Without knowing a huge amount about that shape, If you took the plates off Id say its a 2007 on the first rims, or a T Reg on the new rims.

Just me.

Agree 100%.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new standard wheels, but they do make the car look a lot older.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not to everyones taste and probably needs lowz but here you go;

6765668421_1e0b3f6032_z.jpg

IMG_4383 by cobzy1, on Flickr

That's quite poor. I really see no reason why you'd want to do that. Maybe it's the colour. Just looks weird. :(

Agree 100%.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new standard wheels, but they do make the car look a lot older.

Agreed. Reps kept it fresh. Rubber isn't cheap though.

Do they do 18" reps?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That's quite poor. I really see no reason why you'd want to do that. Maybe it's the colour. Just looks weird. :(

Agreed. Reps kept it fresh. Rubber isn't cheap though.

Do they do 18" reps?

In your opinion of course.....I know it's no frp but Im trying.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Condescending? Really?

Anyway the wheels just don't seem to work. It's not a show car or similar. Just seems a bit like fitting wheels for the sake of it imo.

Your car though dude. Wire in.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Condescending? Really?

Anyway the wheels just don't seem to work. It's not a show car or similar. Just seems a bit like fitting wheels for the sake of it imo.

Your car though dude. Wire in.

If you'd have said that in the first place it would have been better for me. 'that's quite poor' reminded me of what my teachers used to say about my homework.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you'd have said that in the first place it would have been better for me. 'that's quite poor' reminded me of what my teachers used to say about my homework.

Similar, but mine used to say it about my excuses for not doing it! lol.