ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi S3 8P Incoming

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Every mapper I spoke to advised that the standard clutch in the mk5 gti cars wasn't recommended above 300lbft. Whereas the dsg they were happy to go beyond. No idea if it's the same part in the s3 etc, but seems pretty par for the course with vag. S4 the same, dsg takes power far better.

Sent from my typewriter using Tapatalk
As said. The bonus with DSG is that when they map the 'box they can increase clamping force.

TTRS & V50
Ah, missed the DSG part. Yeah I was reffering to manual really. My ED30 Stage 1 remap clutch went, so speaking from that experience. Midland VW seemed to think it was pretty normal too and not premature. Echoing what @ForceIndia says above.

@Slammed172 what's the black optics kit? Standard badges are going on as soon as I have positioning measurements to place them.

The grille and fog surrounds, as per the below. Factory option. Not sure if it came with anything else.

dsc_0291_zps5g5y5wzv-jpg.1289609

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Ah, missed the DSG part. Yeah I was reffering to manual really. My ED30 Stage 1 remap clutch went, so speaking from that experience. Midland VW seemed to think it was pretty normal too and not premature. Echoing what @ForceIndia says above.

The grille and fog surrounds, as per the below. Factory option. Not sure if it came with anything else.

dsc_0291_zps5g5y5wzv-jpg.1289609
I think it may look a bit s**t against the colour of mine.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Small update, haven't done anything to the car performance wise yet, just enjoying it to commute and blast around when the time allows.

It's a superb car, but the big standard headunit without Bluetooth streaming annoyed me so I purchased and fitted an Android unit. Simple enough to do, not perfect but well worth the money.

49f80ce72758d8d8fde0796c5a2236f3.jpg
8b10ef09b1b24dc3cd623dee17da9db5.jpg

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Not my picture, but could anyone tell me what the circled part of the exhaust system is, after the cat...

35a56e0bd32b73475f25623beda10fc9.jpg

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Made the most of 20% discount on eBay this week and ordered a Ram Air intake. Looks very similar to the Revo one but half the price.

Got it fitted this afternoon. Very good quality and easy to do. Could do with confirming whether it's already been mapped, if not that'll be next.

Certainly not a good looking engine.
5c1c2fdc6d6d9566628a68e19b26ba44.jpg
4c57cb712bfd1f46cbf575c453ee383e.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Made the most of 20% discount on eBay this week and ordered a Ram Air intake. Looks very similar to the Revo one but half the price.

Got it fitted this afternoon. Very good quality and easy to do. Could do with confirming whether it's already been mapped, if not that'll be next.

Certainly not a good looking engine.View attachment 1408536View attachment 1408537
I've got the same intake. Sounds surprisingly different to the Revo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Snotter's
Lovely motor, I had a pre-facelift version which I absolutely loved.

An intake a remap transforms the car.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I've got the same intake. Sounds surprisingly different to the Revo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
This sounds more like Darth Vader, rather than a a normal cone filter. Sounds strange at first, but the turbo noise is quite comical.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look like that one scales the pipe properly in the MAF area? That could reduce power and cause major fuelling issues according to Revo

Also get the diverter valve changed to the GFB one, makes a nice difference, get the PCV blanked as well.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Rojer I don't understand what you're saying with the MAF sensor and scaling the pipework?

On the Revo intake, the pipe diameter shrinks so the MAF doesn't get confused. On your intake it looks like the pipe is just one size. See how it gets smaller?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
On the Revo intake, the pipe diameter shrinks so the MAF doesn't get confused. On your intake it looks like the pipe is just one size. See how it gets smaller?

View attachment 1408855
Yes, I get what you mean now. I know that ramair do a similar kit to mine but with an oversize pipe that tapers down, similar to the Revo. This kit only has one bore diameter throughout though. Same size as the standard pipe that connects to the OEM airbox.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Took the intake off as I didn't like the sound after a couple of weeks. So that will be up for sale.

Exhaust stored now, stainless straight through section fitted to replace the flexi. Not any noisier but glad to have the small leak sorted.

Also went for a remap and was dynod. Turns out it already has an APR map on so just got it checked over. Running 320bhp and 310lbs/ft. Saved myself a couple of hundred quid, but I was looking forward to the extra power. Now I want more.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a great example, I’m sure it’ll get snapped up quick.

I echo the comments of it being a great all rounder but I found mine to be genuinely dull from a driving engagement perspective, yes it’s fast in a straight line but not dynamic at all when you throw it into a bend.

But as a fast, comfortable, safe family car it’s a decent choice! GLWTS

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
What are these going for these days

Advert here. Prices seem to be quite high really dependent on spec and facelift which really surprised me!

Maybe not the most exciting car in the world, or one to keep for fun, but hard to beat for getting to work and back which is all i really used it for. Need something larger now, and hopefully more cylinders.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think people can't get past the fact that it's an Audi, and assume they're dull. Bit like the Mk5 GTi, most road testers with access to everything rate them very highly, but the internet says they're dull.

From memory, Autocar did a massive b road hot hatch test during the R26/Clio 200 era. Iirc, the S3 finished 2nd behind the R26.

They're well insulated, but get them moving around and they're still entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I think people can't get past the fact that it's an Audi, and assume they're dull. Bit like the Mk5 GTi, most road testers with access to everything rate them very highly, but the internet says they're dull.

From memory, Autocar did a massive b road hot hatch test during the R26/Clio 200 era. Iirc, the S3 finished 2nd behind the R26.

They're well insulated, but get them moving around and they're still entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Having owned this exact model, my opinion is it is not dynamic when pushing on.

It is however, a great all rounder and still enjoyable 9 times out of 10 for the majority of tasks.

I agree the internet jumps on the VAG being dull bandwagon but I think in this case it’s true

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
The internet will argue forever over what is and isn't dull. Ive never found this dull or boring, but did find my old E46 330 boring, which according to the internet, is absolute sacrilege.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
The internet will argue forever over what is and isn't dull. Ive never found this dull or boring, but did find my old E46 330 boring, which according to the internet, is absolute sacrilege.

See now I don't think my E46 330 tourer is boring. So yeah your wrong lol.