ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

audio outputs on xbox elite?

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Thinking about upgrading my xbox 360 to the elite but was just wondering what audio out puts are there? Idealy I would like to run hdmi for picture to telly and coax or optical to amp for sound. Is this possible?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yes, you can use HDMI for audio and video, but you can also run the audio using optical (whilst the video is done via HDMI)

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Bought Elite today (new one ((jasper chip set)) and there is no digital audio out except through hdmi, bummer! I now got to work out what to do as I have 3 thingd running off hdmi and the amp can only take 2 grrrrrrr!

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
what cable is that then cause the cable I got with it has no port for optical just the red white and yellow leads for composite connection.

Tesla MP3 2021
You should have one of these in the box. This works along side the HDMI when being used just for video.

437164494_d76f429815.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yep, that's what I got my Elite as soon as the prices were dropped, got one in my box. But it makes little difference as I'm actually getting a smoother image through VGA than HDMI.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
yes so I need to buy another hdmi cable and that connector! Great! Think your getting a good deal then whop bang, kick straight to the nuts!

What hdmi? 1.3?

Tesla MP3 2021
yes so I need to buy another hdmi cable and that connector! Great! Think your getting a good deal then whop bang, kick straight to the nuts!

What hdmi? 1.3?

lol pretty much yeah.

Yeah 1.3 will be fine.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
you dont need that cable, you can just strip the plastic off a standard 360 component cable and use that along side an hdmi for optical audio.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
any idea what that connector is called and where I might be able to get one?

Tesla MP3 2021
you dont need that cable, you can just strip the plastic off a standard 360 component cable and use that along side an hdmi for optical audio.

That didnt work for me. My xbox wouldn't fire up for some reason, when I had my stripped down cable and the HDMI cable in at the same time.

Then I found the proper cable in the box lol :eek:

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
I found it, I see ms sell the hdmi cable and audio adaptor together £35. Seen some on ebay for less so will have a look! Thanks for your help guys

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Just bought one on ebay with hdmi cable for £10, cheaper than going to currys for just a hdmi cable and audio all sorted ;) Thanks