ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio Setup..

Clio RT mk1
Guys,
i need to know if its alright to hook up two 1400w subs on one channel of a 1000w amp..
and two 6x9's on the other channel... only need to know because i got a 2 channel amp.. and i dont really wanna spend much more.. lol

Clio RT mk1
Amp:

1200 Watts (600 Watts x2)
2 Ohm stable
Bridgeable
12 db / Octave variable high pass filter: 60 ~ 3Khz
24 db / Octave variable high pass filter: 40 ~ 180Hz
Bass boost + 12 db @ 45 Hz
Protection circuit for thermal, speaker short & overload
High level input
Soft start
Dual heat sink technology (aluminium)
Super neon LED

Subs:

Power: 1200 Watts / 1400 Watts / 1800 Watts
2" 4 layer black aluminium voice coil
Platinum spring terminals
Vented voice coil
50 oz strontium magnet
X-max: 7.5mm
Frequency response: 20 - 1700Hz / 20 - 1700Hz / 20 - 850Hz
Recommended volume: 0.8 / 1.2 / 2.5
QES: 0.46 / 0.51 / 0.59

They're both "in phase" by the way..

Polo + Micra
lol thats going to sound poo tbh as you are going to have like the subs doing the bass off the right channel and the 6x9's off the left

i'd say just run the subs off the amp

J

jamesy

Dink said:
lol thats going to sound poo tbh as you are going to have like the subs doing the bass off the right channel and the 6x9's off the left

i'd say just run the subs off the amp

agreed also the amp wont have the ability to run a high and low driver off the same pair of channels which means either way one of the drivers will be rather distorted if your going to do it id wire the 6x9s in parallel assuming the amp is 2 ohm stable but i dont reccomend;) (you may find the amp will refuse to run like this anyway and go into protection)