ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Aug 1, 2015] ClioSport Saturday 2015 (Blyton, Gainsborough)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Completely agree with what has been said about the format, it was bang on! I honestly cant think of anything I'd of changed to improve it.

I certainly wouldn't wanna be in Admin's shoes next year, because they have their work cut out to top CSS15 :):)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Thanks for a good weekend all.
Had a passenger lap with Pacman and it was a pretty terrifying experience.
Shame go karting wasn't on a bit longer, missed out!

Hes on 197.net his name is Krash67
Can't of been that terrifying of a experince :). Wish they had the photographer down near where I was hopping over the kerbs ;)

Ph2 172
Who's was the diesel Astra van? That thing was going fairly well, was funny catching his smokescreen first then the car a few corners later! Haha

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I wonder if the warden was pissed off we weren't all in bed by 11:30 like he told us?

I haven't had a bed time since I wore a school uniform ffs.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Any feedback from the venue? We're they happy with how we all behaved?

We spoke to Jane Usher on Sunday morning and they were more than happy with how it all went .

I wonder if the warden was pissed off we weren't all in bed by 11:30 like he told us?

I haven't had a bed time since I wore a school uniform ffs.

It wasn't a bedtime curfew you lunatic lol it was a noise curfew. The music had to be off by 1130 😂

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
We spoke to Jane Usher on Sunday morning and they were more than happy with how it all went .

It wasn't a bedtime curfew you lunatic lol it was a noise curfew. The music had to be off by 1130 😂
Just as well I was just getting started at 11:30, I could still hold conversations and everything.

I remember shouting at the band singer that he had 2 minutes left and to play another song. Bet he thought I was a right gimp

View attachment 132871
Look at the state of you! lol
I honestly thought they were just going to play to a tent full of people getting pissed and staring blankly at them, they really got everyone off their arses and dancing, although I think the heavy drinking had a part to play in that too.

Track conduct was superb in pm session too. Part of the reason I go.... llandow burpspeed day was the same. Everyone's respectful of each other. Don't have to worry about idiots smashing past you mid corner!

Still buzzing from the weekend. I want another! Lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Look at the state of you! lol
I honestly thought they were just going to play to a tent full of people getting pissed and staring blankly at them, they really got everyone off their arses and dancing, although I think the heavy drinking had a part to play in that too.

That pic was taken at 11:20, if you think I look bad there, you should see the ones taken at 3:00 with Gus and Dan....not good...lol!

Couple of us were saying after the band that even they looked like they genuinely enjoyed playing to us. Bet they were dreading playing to a load of Clio enthusiasts in a tent lol

Reactions: Nik
That pic was taken at 11:20, if you think I look bad there, you should see the ones taken at 3:00 with Gus and Dan....not good...lol!

Couple of us were saying after the band that even they looked like they genuinely enjoyed playing to us. Bet they were dreading playing to a load of Clio enthusiasts in a tent lol
Liked them on Facebook and they liked my comment saying how good it was and thanks for playing. Hopefully we can use them again next year although they will need to learn some Chas 'n' Dave for Ron.

BG182ff,explod Focus
No Mike's (Stokie4ker) car stopped working and had to taken home by the AA, he came off track after hammering it round, turned it off, when he turned it back on it went mental and was revving all weird, then it wouldn't turn over at all.
It was weird, had been ragging it around in the morning session, had a drive to Tesco to fill up with fuel as I had emptied a whole tank by 2pm and hammered it hard in the afternoon session with no issues.
Come off track when it closed at 5pm and let it cool down and that was it. No more play time for me 😞
If anyone has pics of my car, the black 182 with reg BP04 FHE, I'd love to see them as I'm curious about well I was going compared with the fast boys.

Thanks to the admin staff for putting on a great event. I had a chat with Kirsty and said that last year I kept hearing people moaning about it being rubbish but this year all I heard was people being really enthusiastic about the whole day.

Sorry I turned into such a grumpy Guss when my car broke and I'm truly grateful to Cub, Alex, Adam and everyone else who tried to help.
The guy on Sunday though,who kept getting in the AA mans way and asking stupid questions and at one point closed the door onto the AA mans head as he was looking at the fuses can go and sit in a deep pool of poo :poo:.

It took about 4 hours drive to drop the car off at the garage. Thankfully Dave from Brosport was able to come and open up on the Sunday afternoon so I could leave the Clio there and pick my Focus up.

As for suggestions for next year, I think the guys did a bang on job so the same all over again but maybe at a different circuit. I suggested Angelsey to Nik so we could party on the beach after :beers:.
I think traders are missing out not being there. If they came with all the kit to set up peoples suspension I think they'd make a killing. I'm thinking 3D geo and corner weights. Even better if they had, say, a set of Billies and something like Gaz Gold or KW V2 they could temporarily fit to your car. You go out, do a few laps, come in and see if you want to buy a new set from their stand and have them fitted there and then. I suspect a lot of people wouldn't be able to resist the upgrade once they had been on track with quality suspension set up correctly.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted I never met up with you mate. After our long xbox live chat was looking forward to meeting you!

Pics of your trophy on track look superb. It went well!

Next time..... [emoji106]

Same here bud. Was a shame not to catch up!
I saw your's on track, looked lovely! I kept on trying to hear out for a heavy welsh accent, lol!

Next time for sure matey!

Same here bud. Was a shame not to catch up!
I saw your's on track, looked lovely! I kept on trying to hear out for a heavy welsh accent, lol!

Next time for sure matey!
Lol. Yeah.
Cheers
Was a bit over enthusiastic with heel n toe coming into ushers corner! You'd have probably heard, ha ha. Having to brake so hard into it it's hard not to over rev the heel n toe. [emoji5] more practice required

I did come in a bit quick at ushers once and decided to take the scenic route, rather than take the bend and end up in gravel trap [emoji14] Ha ha. Dunno if you saw that. Will see if I can do a bloopers video [emoji106]