ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Product Test - Dressle

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
What Auto Finesse say:

Dressle, the versatile all purpose dressing for exterior and interior trim. This water based dry cure dressing is the finishing touch for a multitude of areas all around a vehicle, from engine bays to interiors, wheel wells to intricate grills, adding a new look satin sheen and UV protection in one step.

Direction for use:

1: Apply 1-2 spritz to a microfiber cloth and spread to form an even film on the surface.

2: Alternatively for intricate grills, engine bays, or wheel wells apply by liberally spraying directly on to the surface, leave for 1-5min before wiping away excess with a clean microfiber towel.

3: For added sheen, apply multiple coats to achieve desired finish.

Available in 500ml & 5 Litre

qavu5y5y.jpg

Test:

I've been pushed for time recently due to a promotion at work and helping my sister move house so didn't have an opportunity to wash the car so please excuse the state of it!

I washed the trims I was testing the product on with a light spritz of APC and a wipe down with a micro fibre.

The rear wiper was used to show the results firstly:

Pre application

5enyzevy.jpg

I then sprayed a small amount of the product on and left to dwell for 5 min before removing excess with a micro fibre leaving this, you can see the difference pre and post application with this 50/50.

5y7udyze.jpg

It leaves a very natural looking finish, non greasy like many other trim dressings.

Full wiper done:

jahu5egu.jpg

I also gave the mirror base and window rubbers a wipe down in the same way with again a nice natural finish being left.

ysuja5uq.jpg

unu7u5ar.jpg

My opinion:

I am not sure that this product will be added to my collection as I much prefer Auto Finesse Revive on the Clios ageing plastics. It does have its place however as I can imagine it would be perfect for addressing the complex grills on the clio with a simple spray on wipe off, I view Dressle as more of a 'trim quick detailer'

It does a quick boost of the trims looks very well but if I have out the time in to clean the car fully I'll stick with Revive.

The Air freshener is doing its job well, I already use these and you can expect a good 3 months of lovely sweet shop smell wafting around the car.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I agree, I think I prefer Revive

The only reason I can really see you would use this is if you are in a rush.

Being water based it wipes cleanly off if you get any over spray, where as Revive needs a little more effort to remove.

A 'Sprayable' Revive for the grills on the clio would be nice...