ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse prototype wax

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A while back I had mentioned that I had received a prototype sample that is due to be released in 2013. Not sure if this will be part of or after the Autosport Show product release.

I believe this is more a show wax than all out durable type. Colour and scent are not finalised or considered in the sample.

View attachment 90538

Feel of the wax is of a medium firmness, but quite oily. Application is effortless, a tiny amount to load a finger mit applicator and it spreads easily across the panel. Very little is required to get a layer on a bonnet, and as it's quite oily it's very easy to get a consistently thin layer down. Have tried it on a few panels now and hardly touched the little sample pot.

Removal is where the wax really stands out. First time I applied it average air temp was about 6' but in direct sunlight, what little warmth this added was minimal. Removed in three section, first after 10 minutes curing, second after 20 minutes and the final part after 30 minutes. All sections came off as if they'd just been applied.

Today I applied it to my silver bonnet, 12' air temperature and again in sunlight. Removed half of it after 30 minutes, the other half after an hour. All came off with ease. I applied AF spirit to all other panels, removing one at a time and still it wasn't as easy easy as the prototype.

Water behaviour is more similar to that of Toughcoat rather than Spirit and Desire. Beads aren't quite as tight but so far it seems to sheet fairly well. Will follow up this weekend with beading pictures as they're still fairly good. The finish is very glossy but still providing good flake pop from the silver.

On our blue Focus the panels appeared very deep, and did a decent job of hiding some swirls too, so will try and get time to apply to more panels and post up some pictures

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Excellent Dave! Exciting new stuff. I think it may even sit above Desire.

I like how you mention about the swirl filling, lot of people forget the oils can do that. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It filled more than spirit did, whilst still providing good clarity of the flake which I would have thought contradicts itself? Will be trying it side by side with Glasur next to compare application, but when comparing looks my cars are too swirled at the moment to get a clear view

Will forward it on to you once I try it on a few more panels. I'm sure James will appreciate more oppinions

Golf GT & A4 Avant
beading under streetlight. rained last night so grabbed a quick phone picture before i left for work

View attachment 90579

paintwork feels very slick, similar again to Toughcoat. I really like this in a LSP as once the beads stsrt to run whilst driving the bonnet dried almost instantly at 40mph

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Looks brilliant Dave. I got a sample that I think was of a new wax in the Christmas offer.

Mine was like this, very oily and no matter how long it was left it was a breeze too remove.