ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto headlights/wipers

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Just bought a 2001 clio 172 phase 1, and was just wondering if the auto headlights/wipers is a standard feature on the car? if so how do you turn them on?
And on another note i have a small rectangle shape at the bottom middle of the windscreen, any ideas what this is? sorry to sound clueless but my handbook says nothing about it.

Cheers
Noj

Mainly a tow truck
The rectangle area on the windsreen is for the sat nav, the screen has an antiglare plastic fitted in it and the sat navs cant get signal through it.

Carl

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It's not, it's for automatic toll systems like dart tag. Sat nav wasn't common place in 1998.

IF you're car has auto headlights, to turn them on, turn the headlights on then off twice. You should here a beep (or maybe two).
To turn them off do the same thing again.

Auto wipers are just the intermediate setting, and you can adjust the sensitivity via a control on the right stalk.

Hope that helps :)

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
IF you're car has auto headlights, to turn them on, turn the headlights on then off twice. You should here a beep (or maybe two).
To turn them off do the same thing again.

Auto wipers are just the intermediate setting, and you can adjust the sensitivity via a control on the right stalk.

Hope that helps :)

this is correct but the key must be turned only one click, so the lights come on but not the engine :D

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
From what I remember, Ph1 models did not come with auto lights/wipers.