ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Lights Function

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Hey guys,

My Dyna came with Xenon's fitted as an optional extra purchased by the previous owner on production, and until now the auto xenon feature like on the 1*2's always worked without fail on my car.

I went and dicked around fitting various different LED sidelights to replace the halogen ones, as obviously my headlamps are not halogen, however now after putting the latest set in due to a nearside blown bulb, the automatic headlights don't work, and I have to flick the mini stork to the third click to get headlamps + sidelights. These new sidelights have more than one bulb on them and are a lot brigther.

What could have caused this?
I'm guessing it could be the sidelights are draining too much power from the battery or the voltage is perhaps too high for the auto function to work, is that feasable?
- Could this damage or even zap my battery or other components?

The obvious test is to put some std sidelights back in which I am purchasing in the nto to distant future, but any ideas in the meanwhile should it be a fault?

Thanks,

Pete.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
sound like you have just turned ur auto light off! try turning the light on/off/on/off until you hear a beep;)

do a search lots of ppl have had this problem!

sound like you have just turned ur auto light off! try turning the light on/off/on/off until you hear a beep;)

do a search lots of ppl have had this problem!

when he says light, he means just turn your sidelight on, not main beam or full beam. You should hear a beep (or 2) after turning the sidelights on and off twice.