ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auto lights retro fit

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
my 2001 mk2 ph2 dynamique should have auto headlights, but it has no light sensor between rearview mirror and windscreen. My windscreen doesnt look like the original im guessing it has been replaced at some point. My m8s same car has the auto headlights. How can i retro fit / re install the light sensor and hence auto lights?? i need help...

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
its standard on dynamique's.....so i am told
got the auto wipers (waste of time)

MINI Cooper S
Well the sensor for the auto lights and wipers are on a single unit just above were your rear view mirror sticks to your windsreen, and its not standard on dynamiques

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
yea i thort auto wipers and auto headlights were standered 2 mate, mines got them mate...and i didnt hav 2 choose any extras 2 hav it wen i got it new

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
i dont think the sensor for the wipers is up there because mine doesnt have that sensor...but the auto wipers still work

MINI Cooper S
You sure that not just intermittent wipers? (ie you set the delay between wipes with the twizzle bit when the stalk is one click down)

MINI Cooper S
i wouldnt worry mate...i dnt like auto lights anyway...cant put ya fogs on!! haha

Chav :rasp: lol...

If there is no sensor there, you probably dont have it, my mate has the exact same car as me, but he doesnt have factory fitted alarm or auto wipers/lights, they are just optional extras my car came with (who ever bought it brand new would of asked for them)

As said above though, your not missing much lol

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
well i want it...do i just need to buy the sensor and wire it up??? dunno if mine has an alarm, how can u tell....i never heard my alarm before??

EDIT: fogs are the way m8

MINI Cooper S
If your car has the standard factory fit alarm, then there will be a little red L.E.D light on the bottom console bit on the left hand side of the gear knob... I dont know about wiring in the auto lights and wipers, knowing renault though, it wont be a straight forward job.

Your gonna get slated for the fog light comments! :p

172 cup'd extreme
Auto lights - sensor and a new uch thats programmed for auto lights, including programming the uch it will be around £300.

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
u called alessandro a chav for the fogs...
S5000093.JPG

wheres the fog then lol ??

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
just winding u up m8, have to say ur lights look awesome... what bulbs have u got in all??

MINI Cooper S
It was foggy then though! lol! you can even see the fog in the pic! :p

Standard bulbs in fogs, i had these 100watt ones in my head lights for dipped beams and full beams though, they didnt last long...

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
really they look really white did u filter the pic or anything.... in this pic they look quite yellow like mine
S7000063.JPG

o i just saw ur edit...were those bulbs from powerbulbs.co.uk?

MINI Cooper S
I think that pic was one of the first ones i took of my car, but that pic is just with the sidelights on (which have always been standard), and also the light in which that photo was taken was very white, so made my sidelights look even more yellow

Bulbs was ebay s**t, look good for a few weeks, then blow lol

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
rite....i put in some white led sidelights today from ultra led's, look quite good, now lookin for some white xenon hid look bulbs to match

MINI Cooper S
Discount: 10%Contact Name: Marc MorganWeb: www.powerbulbs.com/offerNotes: Power Bulbs is the UK’s leading automotive lighting retailer and offers motor enthusiasts the latest technology from the world’s leading manufacturers, Osram and Philips. It has been well documented in the press about the benefits of products by these two manufacturers, namely Vision Plus and Blue Vision by Philips and Osram Silver Star. These products deliver much better light output than standard auto bulbs. A recent Auto Express test rated both Osram and Philips as the leading auto bulb manufacturers, with products such as the 50% more light Osram Silver Star and Philips Vision Plus, as well as the leading Blue ‘Xenon’ effect bulbs from Philips, Ultra Blue Vision

Well the sensor for the auto lights and wipers are on a single unit just above were your rear view mirror sticks to your windsreen, and its not standard on dynamiques

It is standard non the later ones not 100% sure on the early ones.

not 100% but they seem pretty automatic wen its 1 clik down

Maybve when they replace the screen they binned the sensor setup hence your system thinks its aalways raining hence wipers all the time.

If there is no sensor there, you probably dont have it, my mate has the exact same car as me, but he doesnt have factory fitted alarm or auto wipers/lights, they are just optional extras my car came with (who ever bought it brand new would of asked for them)

1.4 don't have factory fitted alarms its a dealership fit one. Even 172/182 don't have them factory fitted there fitted at an import center the 1.4's are garage fitted import center don't fit them.

foglights are useless, i dont even know if mine still work, used them first time i drove in fog and they were useless.
Very true

IIRC only the MK2 PH3 had auto lights and wipers, my 04 plater has them and they were standard on all ph3 dynamiques.

but my mate has a 51 plate Dynamique and they are not fitted to his, so either as stated they were an optional extra on mk2 ph2s or as I said they didnt become part of dynamique spec until mk2 ph3s

02 Clio Extreme
i have a 2002 1.2 16v Clio Extreme and mine has auto lights and wipers!

you can also have the fog lights on the same time as you dipped/main beams.. just do a bit of fiddling.

this is the way i THINK you do it.. turn the nob to the 2nd option (for side lights) then turn your fogs on (keep looking at the dash you should see the light appear) then turn it back onto dipped beams.. COULD be wrong, but i THINK that was how i did it!

Mercedes C Class Sport
i think its only standard on ph3's!! 2 of my mates have ph3's and have it standar and me and 2 of em have ph2's which dont have em!!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
if u were to have both auto lights and wipers they are on the same sensor, try em by putting ur hand over the sensor on the screen, u shld see a round sensor thing, if u lick ur finger and dab it on the screen in the same place the wipers shld work. do this with the ignition or the engine on!
p.s fog lights yeah the can look good, but they can also blind on coming traffic, new ones are far worse than the old ones tho.