ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AutoGlym Clean Wheels on Speedline Satin Black - Safe? Yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't know why I bothered. Billy can use what he likes.

He knows whats best for him but when people come asking for advice in this section I hate seeing bad advice get given out.

Why take the risk with inferior wheel cleaners. They might never ruin your wheels but why take the chance when you can use a "safe" wheel cleaner that's actually cheaper and won't ruin your skin. No one can allow for dodgy old refurbs but safe wheel cleaners at least give you a fighting chance.

Like I said Billy i'm not trying to convert you but don't give out poor advice to innocent members who maybe don't know the ins and outs. I'm sure you wouldn't care if their paint falls off but I would.

A lot of AG products aren't as good as other products in the same class or price bracket. We're not lemmings we know from experience.

In Srp's class i'm guessing there's no point spending more because Srp does everything well?

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm right, you're wrong. FLOL

those that can't take critism shouldn't post on a public forum. And those that have not really tried other products aren't really in a position to give recommendations

there your wheels so use what you like, but I would recommend using a known safe product than one that is in question. my personal favourite at the moment being AF imperial. make of that what you will.

I had an impulse purchase with a gift voucher in Halfords... It was wonder wheels because i cant shift the brake dust on the inside of the front alloys, will it be ok to use once if i polish and wax the inside after detailers?

Bilberry, i tried tardis... well i did one coat and ran out, it removed most of the tar, but the rest looks like brake dust on the inside, i think ill give them a scrub up, seal them with rim wax then get them refurbed in the summer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Iron x should remove. Then try an old piece of clay to take any last remaining bits off.

I need to try this AF imperial think I will order a bottle when my Bilberry runs out. Although I love the Bilberry so it's got a lot to live upto.

Also what the f**k happened in here.

Honda & VW
It seems Billy has been a member for several years and has suddenly gained a voice, one thing to remember Billy....

Opinions are very different to facts!!!!

Wow is this detailing wars? Wtf?

This is one of the best parts of the forum with friendly and helpful advice that we share between of others for the love of ocd

Also I don't think it's fair to say Gally is misguided as he is one of the most helpful people in here, people ask advice all the time and he along with others help advise, plus his car at css gives me faith in what he says.

AG are average products for the average Joe, some are really good, some are well not great. They are not the be all and end all of detailing.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

This is one of the best parts of the forum with friendly and helpful advice that we share between of others for the love of ocd

Also I don't think it's fair to say Gally is misguided as he is one of the most helpful people in here, people ask advice all the time and he along with others help advise, plus his car at css gives me faith in what he says.

AG are average products for the average Joe, some are really good, some are well not great. They are not the be all and end all of detailing.

Nobody ever said that Autoglym products are the be all and end all of products . Like you say , they do make some good products and some which aren't quite as good as the competitors . And i'm sure Gally is a smashing chap with lots of friendly helpful advice . Thats not actually the issue here . And may i remind you , that this is a public forum and what is written in here can be read by anybody . For someone to state that a product is " not safe " is quite a bold claim and if i worked for Autoglym i wouldn't be too happy that somebody is openly discussing a product and telling everybody that " it will " damage your wheels as the product " is not safe " . There is no hard evidence that the product isn't safe , if there is , lets see it . The claims that Autoglym wheel cleaner is not safe could be seen as slanderous . Personally i would watch what i was saying if i were one or two individuals on here :approve:

Lol at being slanderous for having an opinion. As you've said a few times, evrybodies entitled to one, right?

Anyway, I'm out. :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Lol at being slanderous for having an opinion. As you've said a few times, evrybodies entitled to one, right?

Anyway, I'm out. :)

Night night Kiddywink bedtime is it . Go and hide under your duvet when you know i'm right lol :sleepy:

Opinions on a car forum are not slander or admissible in court. But thanks for playing the Law Game. You were just lawyered.

Night night Kiddywink bedtime is it . Go and hide under your duvet when you know i'm right lol :sleepy:

You're right in your eyes yes, as you've said, people have different opinions. Something which I'm happy to accept, shame you're not.

But seriously, well done for your comments above, mature.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Opinions on a car forum are not slander or admissible in court. But thanks for playing the Law Game. You were just lawyered.

Was i now ? By whom ? So because someone on a car forum has an opinion with unproven accusations and false claims that a product is harmful , it isn't slander ? I think you need to look at the whole definition of slander . If a product is being defamed openly , on a public forum without any proof that a product is " not safe " i think you would find in a court of law that is classed as slander . :rasp:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You're right in your eyes yes, as you've said, people have different opinions. Something which I'm happy to accept, shame you're not.

But seriously, well done for your comments above, mature.

Your right .I have my opinions and you have yours . Thats what makes the world go round and more fun , agreeing to disagree ;) At the end of the day , people can't go round giving advice and telling other people a product is " not safe " or will damage your paintwork . You just can't do that . A companys reputation can be ruined by malicious rumours and unproven claims .

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need to try this AF imperial think I will order a bottle when my Bilberry runs out. Although I love the Bilberry so it's got a lot to live upto.

Also what the f**k happened in here.

It's very good. I'm not actually a bilberry fan. This is and always has been my favourite wheel cleaner... http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/b...cleaner-by-autobrite-various-sizes-2478-p.asp

I've yet to see another safe wheel cleaner clean like Brite Gel and i've tried a few, my Alcons shed brake dust like nothing else.. Here it is at work...

AG products are good in there own class. I recommend AG HD to everyone, it's a fantastic basic wax. The likes of SRP are blown away with modern cleanser/filler like rejuvenate, tripple, r222's, BF GEP to name but a few.

AG is old school to an extent and sell mostly to people who are not that fussy about car cleaning but like to keep their car a little clean. It's not a slant on AG they have made a bloody good busness at it but it is fact that their products are far surpassed by modern products maybe excluding AG HD,

Thanks for the comments Simon. I don't know it all. I'm always learning. JD has probably forgotten more than i've learned. Difference is now that Rich, Paul, Markie et all don't come on here anymore to bounce ideas off. Me and Dave pot mostly and we try to help where we can, again we don't know everything but I hate seeing poor advice given out that will end up wasting the person in question money.

I will also add, I never once said anything regarding AG specific products. Fact is acid based wheels cleaners are not good for your wheels, they dull the finish and can accelerate any underlying problems.

Was i now ? By whom ? So because someone on a car forum has an opinion with unproven accusations and false claims that a product is harmful , it isn't slander ? I think you need to look at the whole definition of slander . If a product is being defamed openly , on a public forum without any proof that a product is " not safe " i think you would find in a court of law that is classed as slander . :rasp:

By me. And no. It isn't.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I will also add, I never once said anything regarding AG specific products. Fact is acid based wheels cleaners are not good for your wheels, they dull the finish and can accelerate any underlying problems.

So you didn't say " The refurb was probably crap but i'm sure there would have been less chance of it happening with a safe wheel cleaner " ?

Also AdamP saying " My mate once said the same as a lot of people in here that it doesn't damage wheels, shame he spent a fortune having his wheels refurbed, for them to be bubbled and the paint splitting 6 months down the line from using AG Clean Wheels every week " .

What i'm saying is Gally my old man , people can't go round shouting about a product not being safe or that it damages paintwork without hard substantial evidence .

And i don't care what JD who think's he's a lawyer , says . It is slander , no two ways about it . I do agree with you that AG has become a less desirable brand over the years for the enthusiastic amatuer and professional car valeters . I still swear by engine and machine cleaner as one of the best at shifting grime from engine bays , it's probably one of the few AG products i use myself today . But no way would i ever call a product " not safe " to use on a public forum with some for of evidence to back up that claim . That is just malicious scandal and you " could " find yourself in serious trouble for making such a statement . Thats why we have laws in this country to protect companys from this sort of thing , otherwise everybodys competitors would be putting alsorts of drivel out there just totry and put their rival out of business and gain market share .

At the end of the day , and all totally in my opinion of course is Autoglym make some good products which will safely do what it is supposed to do if you follow the instructions carefully , as with any product . Thats why there are instructions , so there is no come back on the company " should " something go wrong .

Last edited:
Thinks, aka studying at BPP college of law? Shall I update my forum profile for you chap?

Cliosport's finest are out this evening.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
MrBilly, in all serious now, would you be happy using a heavy acidic wheel cleaner, forgetting what brand now, on a wheel that is not 100% perfect, ie any break in the paint finish exposing the bare alloy which lets face accounts for the majority of wheels, mine included?

Because to me that increases the risk of it blowing the paint so I simple don't risk it

Golf GT & A4 Avant
JD, it so tempting to just pay the subscription for you to get you back on and posting, no brown nosing or rim wax intended

Are you surprised I don't see the point? 5 posts a day suits me fine. Although I seem to have more in this area...

Honda & VW
Is your middle name 'Big B#llocks' by any chance Billy?

Or do you work for AG or something???

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
MrBilly, in all serious now, would you be happy using a heavy acidic wheel cleaner, forgetting what brand now, on a wheel that is not 100% perfect, ie any break in the paint finish exposing the bare alloy which lets face accounts for the majority of wheels, mine included?

Because to me that increases the risk of it blowing the paint so I simple don't risk it

He does realise resellers are branding stuff "safe" there for by association calling acidic wheel cleaners unsafe. Which they are.. for your skin.

JD, it so tempting to just pay the subscription for you to get you back on and posting, no brown nosing or rim wax intended

I already offered! Miss his face!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

No i wouldn't or any other cleaner be it acidic or alkaline . Like i said before , if you do have any damage to your wheels you have to be extremely careful in how you use the products . Luckily apart from the odd lump of sh1t thats baked onto my wheels at the moment my wheels are more or less as they left the showroom so i'm lucky in that respect that i can basically throw any old cleaner on there and know it will have no detriment to the finish of the paint .

My point being here is that when someone who says a certain product is " not safe " or will cause damage to paintwork they should be careful in their claims without any hard evidence . It " could " land them in serious trouble .

Status
Not open for further replies.