ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt guide

Monaco 172 (5/468)
anyone got one ? got 2 weeks holiday and a mates going to do it but i have to do all the hard work, removing wheels panels etc.

many thanks

clio sport 172
I've just done one in the past few weeks.
I'm away from home till Tuesday PM me if
ya need any help or advice!!

Monaco 172 (5/468)
Is it easier to complete the aux belt by removing the bumper and headlight ? Ive taken the drivers side wheel off and the panel inside the wheel arch and now you can see the bottom pulley and AC pump.

ITB'd MK1
I take the bumper off, it's 4 bolts and 6 trim clips and so much easier with it off IMO. It is the grille and slam panel that gets in the way but I find it more awkward to re-fit that in situ

Monaco 172 (5/468)
well after a couple of hours hard graft skinless knuckles, blood and tears shes back together and I'm rather happy I did it as you can see from the pics.

Loads of room to fit your hands

IMG_0027 (Small).JPG

Worn belt

Attachments

• IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0029 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0029 (Small).JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0030 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0030 (Small).JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 50
  Dodgy one
sorry to bump such an old thread, but has anyone got any pics of their modded tool for this job

View attachment 31940

I used a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter with the side filed off. I have a little attachment that goes into a 1/2" square drive and has a 19mm bolt head on the end - there is not enough room for a proper ratchet. Then I get a spanner on that.

I also found removing the bolt at the top of the alternator and letting it move down a bit makes it really easy to get the belt on. You can then move the alternator back up fairly easily with the belt on.