ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aux belt noise

just had a new alternator put on my clio 16v and now when i start it up the aux belt squeels how hard is it to tighten this up to stop it squeeling

thanks karl

williams and trophy

can be a bit of a b*****d tbh

pull the r/h headlight out n see if u can get the allen key in the tensioner screw.7mm allen key if memory serves me right.

then theres the big nut to adjust...22mm if memory serves me right.....if the little guide on the inner wing is stoppin u take the 10mm bolt outta that n bend it up out the way....if all this fails jus whack a jack under the engine , drop the o/s eng mount n jack engine up, loadsa clearance then

the nut is for locking it, to actually tighten it you need a 7mm allen key (not a common size), 2live right though, remove headlamp for a bit of space, also a 10mm nut to detach wiring loom from inner wing, you can then swivel it up for space, have fun

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the 7mm allen key locks the tensioner in place, you undo the allen key,turn the 22m nut to adjust belt tension and then tighten the allen key back. remove the front 10m bolt out of the inner wing bracket (small sheild that covers some pipes/wires) and pull it up slightly so you can get your allen key in.

im having the timing belt done soon will it be better to let the garage do it while they doing the timing belt