ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt replaced 4 free

Black Gold 182FF
Just thought to share my happiness with all of you.

My car developed a terrible noise around the alternator area a few days back. Took it to a local garage who suggested the aux belt needs replacing, and said its a big job.

Anyway took it to the dealers in Prenton yesterday and the mechanic confirmed that the belts need replacing asap, and said not to drive the car. As far as I now, the aux belt is replaced at 36k anyway, and its quite expensive, as its an engine out job.

Anyway, go back inside with the mechanic and he tells the receptionist what the problem is, and also that they will be keeping the car for a few days.

Receptionist punches the reg into the Renault database and says, i'm happy to tell you that the repairs will be free of charge as the car's warrenty period expires on the 24th. (2 days time), well, what can I say, I am so happy that this has happened now. This means that my 36k service in around 2 months time should only cost the price of a regular service as they wont need to pull the engine. (Luck is really on my side this week).

Anyway just thought to share my happiness with all of you. :D