ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aux belt tips please

ibiza cupra
ive had to change the powersteering pump on the 172 so i took all the bumper and headlight out the way and the alternator and tensioner then fitted the new pump.
put it all back together and i couldnt seem to get the tentioner to move enough to fit the belt on. it was definatly on right as i checked it about 10 times but i ended up snaping the accual square bit that the tool goes into on the tensioner so ive had to take it all off again and order a new one.
so i was wondering if anyone had got any tips on how the belt should go on like which pullie to put the belt onto last or somthing like that as i was fighting for ages with this belt and it was having none of it.

renaultsport clio172
what i do matey is loosen the idle pulley that goes between the aircon pump and the crank pulley then hold the tensioner back then slip the belt over the loose pulley then tighten the pulley with the tensioner either pinned or held back with the tool. and if its still a pain slacken the alternator and pull it forward to give a bit more slack(leave the bottom bolt in just slacken the nut) also check youve got the correct length belt and the belts routed correctly oh yeah and the tensioner pivot can seize up. good luck!