ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

averge age for clio cup driver

just bought myself a 52 reg cup, came from an sti impreza & a whole bunch of other prior, imprezas m3s et al. though id get the cup as a sensible but fun car for a while to enjoy some low running costs after the other money pits, very impressed with the car so far as a run around it is very quick dont get me wrong, very buzzy reminds me of my 205 gti of my youth, overal not too impressed with the power though, miss the rush of the huge torque in the m3 & my modified sti but all in a very impressed, am taking it to bedford autodrome in a few weeks so well see, anyway back to the orignal question the average age of the cup driver seems to be pretty young, my missus is winding me up about the boy racer image? so come on how old is your average clio/cup driver?

im 7 and i just sold my cup, billy in the playground wanted it as he like the colour, said it looked amaywing in the sun.......he gave me his marsbar and a tennis ball.

Nearest million......cant remember to be honest:confused:

Im well off but not rich by any means.

My wage bill is 11k a week.

Seany

me ohhhh very old 29? & poured loads & loads of money into my toys in the past, got our first baby due in a few months so the clio will be a sensible/fun car, the missus can drive it to the shops too & i can can thrape it round lots of tracks too bonus!

Im 30, act about 15, and am even better looking that Seany :D although my income is slightly lower :cry:

The cup will have a bit of a boy racer image, but anything thats a hatchback does really, I mean, who wouldve thought that Ford KAs would become boy racerish!!

After lots of very expensive toys, I wanted something fun. Cup is about perfect, and given the running costs shouldnt be too heavy, its ideal, couple of my past cars turned out to be quite expensive, and yet no more fun than chucking a Cup about country lanes.

I recon for these reasons, the Cup may appeal to an older audience too, people seem to be moving away from expensive cars these days. Insurance is also quite high, so most boy racers would rather spend that money on stick on bits, and wouldnt appreciate the qualities of a Cup.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

27...but I dont drive a Cup because

Its not available here
Its hot here and aircon is required
I love the leather interior

Plus that South Africa place is a bit of a dive, and you wouldnt want to drive anything as nice as a Cup there cause itd probably get jacked!! ;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Im 20, so prob youngest with Cup. Although not much of a Cup atm, see my topic about tracking. :(

Saw that post Si172, doesnt sound good at all. Im a little concerned that should anything go wrong with a Cup, the dealerships just dont seem to know enough about them to sort them out.

At my local Sevenoaks dealer, I knew more about the car than they did!! although they do seem one of the better Renault dealers with regards professionalism etc.

Keep kicking up a fuss, and hopefully someone gets it going right for you.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Davis @ Sevenoaks arent too bad, the whole of the Whitehouse team are useless however. Sorry for topic hijacking!

Just posted a pic of pot hole... cest tres enourmous!

Weeman sucks ****

26, i wouldnt worry about the age thing, anyone who knows anything about cars and their image should hopefully all be readers of the great EVO (bible) mag. And they love it.

After reading the long term section, im even taking a shine to their MR2, and i used to hate them.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by SideShowBob on 11 August 2003

Plus that South Africa place is a bit of a dive, and you wouldnt want to drive anything as nice as a Cup there cause itd probably get jacked!!

Nah they only hijack luxury cars here...you know...the ones with Aircon, ABS, leather.

If they wanted a cut down version theyd be hijacking Corsas ;)

Lol, good point, so even bloody car thieves are being picky!! whilst jacking you they inquire as to what optional extras you specified for your car :) cheeky gets.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

So far Ive been lucky. the mk1 is extremely rare over here, and they dont seem to jack Clios but knocking on wood madly that they dont pick me

VaVa

Im 23...got the chubby and slightly overweight brother of the Cup on order.

@Wackojacko; 20 years old? Whats your insurance like? mines fookin extortionate!!

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 11 August 2003

seany??? u got rid of your red CTR then?? Joined the "real men"?? :D
Ive always been a real man mate,as for the CTR it is an awesome car which goes like sh1t off a shovel and looks good too,just fancied a change and it happened to be a clio V6.

I still might even buy another Ctr for the wife to run about in yet so i still can have a bit of fun with the vtec that i miss so much.

I must admit though ive had loads of nice cars but nothing in this world prepares you for driving a V6 clio,its the best thing on the road IMO.

Seany

Im 19 and have an 03 Cup. Insurance not to bad £1260 with Renault due to me taking over my mums insurance. Insurance was £2600 with coop.