ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Avo Coilovers problem

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
ok, got my avo's delivered yesterday, had a god look at them today, thinking to my self, how the fook do i put them all together, so many little pieces, which way do they go!!!!

also, is there anythin i need to know maintenence wise??

here is some pics, they wont be getting fitted until friday/monday depending on when my hubs arrive...

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

here is how i think they go, obviously with the top rubber being above the bulkhead..

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

in stages?? am i right??

DSC00092.jpg

thanks for ya'll help! :evil:

I've drawn a picture to hopefully show how it should be

On the top bit of the photo shows where in yourpciture a nut should go so you don't need to top mount on to keep the shock together. It goes onto the red bit of the thread. The black circled bit goes under the bonnet to hold the shock in place.

The lower bit of the drawing shows that you just got the big rubber bung on upside down it fits under the car the yellow lines shows where the metal of the car is when the shock in place. Then the top metal bit goes under the bonnet and holds the shock in place and stops it dropping out.

Attachments

• shock.JPG
    shock.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 23

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
legend mate, you are one helpful guy edde!

thanks a million, i will be giving it a pop on friday/monday when i get the hubs..

any tips on removing and re fitting hubs matey!!! i have a feeling it is going to be harder than i think :p

SamboRT said:
thanks a million, i will be giving it a pop on friday/monday when i get the hubs..

any tips on removing and re fitting hubs matey!!! i have a feeling it is going to be harder than i think :p
Get some penetrating oil wd 40 etc and spray the nuts and give them time to seap into the nuts.
Get some decinet tools though. Halfords profeshional or snap on (if your feling rich) and a decient breakers bar just go easy and work you way up. Make sure you support the car well.
If your changing the hubs get a ball joint seperator there £10 or so from Halfords. Also I'd recomend changing the ball joints there only £10 each from a motor factory and its realy for the best.

How difficult/how much effort you have to put in depends on amount of rust you might end up like I had in the past and have to blowtorch the bolt which holds the ball joint to the hub. You might get lucky though.

Lso use locking compound on all nuts and get a torque wrench and do all the bolts up to the right torque if you need I'll post them up don't go putting them on (particularly the hub to shock nuts) with the breakers bar and no thread compound as they might come loose which isn't good.

Also remember to loosen the 30mm nut which holds the driveshaft to the hub before you jack the car up.