ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Axel positions - front and rear

Clio182
No p*ss taking please! But tomorrow I‘d like to get my 182 on axel stands - where‘s the best position for them, front and rear?

If anyone’s wondering, I’m sorting out rust - wish me luck!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
So rear sill jacking points - where’s best to jack up so I can get the stands in place?

This is how exactly how I do mine (not my picture)

Jack where arrow is
jackpoint.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
As above although I use a flat piece of hardwood on the jack as well. The head on the jack is fairly narrow so I use the wood to bridge across the chassis plates. I’ve also put the jack on the rear axle beam as close to the damper plate as possible without issues

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This is how exactly how I do mine (not my picture)

Jack where arrow isView attachment 1569175
That's where I jack mine at the front and put the axle stands. You'll need a low entry jack, i have the halfords 2 tonne jack and it reaches easily and the jack handle doesn't hit the car.
For the rear jack on the rear beam and put axle stands on the rear jacking points on the sill or axle stands under the rear beam. Both work well.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I do as James said. Lovely time of year to be playing with rust, be prepared for some frights around the rear beam mount area. Definitely get it off as mine had rust creating under it.

Oh and get the fuel tank off too while you're at it.

Clio182
I do as James said. Lovely time of year to be playing with rust, be prepared for some frights around the rear beam mount area. Definitely get it off as mine had rust creating under it.

Oh and get the fuel tank off too while you're at it.
Yikes! That’s quite a lot more than I was planning….