ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Axle tramp

2012 WRX Waggon

What is the best way to reduce this???

getting abit tired of the BANG BANG BANG in the wet from "fast" starts.

are there any suspender mods? Or tyre improvements.

Or could I complain to Renault???

if your tyres are nearing replacement you will find it gets worse. Mine was doing it several times a day in the wet about 6 weeks ago. changed tyres and much better now. Just dont floor it in 1st, you can still pull away fairly quickly.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

This is probably why I broke the bolt on the gearbox mount last week...

Really has f*ck all traction with the Contis then the front end bounces and its not good! :confused:

Must be summat we can do?!

Never had this problem in my other cars, which would still spin the wheels, but without the nasty banging...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 16 December 2003
are there any suspender mods? Or tyre improvements.

Im not sure adjusting your suspenders is gonna make it any better.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

As sweltch says mine has got progressivly worse as my Toyos have wore down, after a few miles on a new set of Toyos I had trouble making the wheels spin in the dry and even sometimes in the wet too.

Just ordered a new set of uniroyal rainsports so I will see how they feel.

2012 WRX Waggon

cheers Guys,

I was hoping tyres might be the best solution, damn sight cheaper than the alternatives,

Let us know how u get on with those Rainsports, hearing alot of good things about those.

Yeah Rich - I can see the Banging doing some damage:(! It knocks the cd stupid so I dont think its going to do the mechanicals any good at all.

axle tramp............erm?

we dont have an axle, nor does the front suspension setup allow the rotation of the hub.

LOL !

BenR, since I new what they were on about I thought I would answer with my findings on the above. It did tickle me too that it had been refered to as axle tramp.

Good tecky joke though for those who know

2012 WRX Waggon

Pardon my ignorance Ben :oops:.

I have heard it described as this before, and could think of no better way to decribe it.

Stub axles are on the rear.

Depends what your getting the banging from, could be from a multitud of things such as worn lower arm bushes, worn balljoints, top mounts, engine mounts, parts hitting eachother (ex manifold etc)......and in no real circumstance does a phenomenom like tram occur, you can get hop though.

A topic of much debate then.

Mine does it mainly in the wet. The times it has done it in the dry i have been pulling away whilst turning left. Hence the left wheel is light and it bounces (bang, bang, bang !)

I do get the same kinda thing on mine....when i fitted a rear strut bar (removed it in the end cos it didnt fit very well and made noises) it did stop the problem.

Ta

J

Embarrassed to say

I took mine into R-sport and they say its something to do with the exhaust rubbing against something or something..., cant remeber what the guy said to me coz i was drunk last night so hazy recollection of events. They said they would order parts and I should bring it in again.