ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Baby monitors and other baby stuff

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Tesco (and the other supermarkets (probably)) do a fake Calpol & Ibuprofen for 3months plus which is a bigger bottle and cheaper than the branded one.

Sure someone does, otherwise they're missing a trick there.
It's just an oral solution of paracetamol or ibuprofen - nothing groundbreaking.

Getting the taste right is probably the important part.

172 Turbo
Tesco’s is called Galpol, I don’t shop in the others but assume they have similar.

Oddly in Paris today it cost me €4.50 for non branded Calpol

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Oddly in Paris today it cost me €4.50 for non branded Calpol

Is that good or bad? Other countries have wildly different costs for even basic pharmaceuticals.
I remember spending ages in a New York CVS trying to find the packets of Asprin that weren't several dollars.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Why don't they get some self scanners though... or at least an express lane. Love the place for its bargains but do think the whole system is s**t.
Some stores do have Self-Scanning tills.

The system isn’t s**t at all, it’s the dopey as f**k customers that mong about at the till, instead of actually organising themselves.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Some stores do have Self-Scanning tills.

The system isn’t s**t at all, it’s the dopey as f**k customers that mong about at the till, instead of actually organising themselves.
Exactly. I'd much rather pack my own s**t quickly and away from the tills. Saves Doris infront of you telling the cashier her life story whilst packing one item a minute into her bags.

172 Turbo
Is that good or bad? Other countries have wildly different costs for even basic pharmaceuticals.

My only comparison was to the £2.50 bottle I bought on Saturday which the wife forgot to pack

I thought it was expensive but then I find it weird I had to actually go to a pharmacy to buy paracetamol and it’s not on the shelf of the supermarket

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
How many nappies should i get in to start with when we come back from hospital? The baby books i have say you will be changing nappies about 7 times a day.

Heard lots of positives for aldi nappies and in this thread. I presume they just do one version for all the different sizes?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
We had to start with Pampers because Aldi didn't go small enough (he was born prem though and was quite small)
As soon as we could, we switched to Aldi thogh after hearing good reviews and haven't changed since. More than half the price.

I'd grab a couple of packs to start with and a load of cotton balls to clean up for the first month or so instead of wet wipes while the skin is so sensitive.

Reactions: seb

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How many nappies should i get in to start with when we come back from hospital? The baby books i have say you will be changing nappies about 7 times a day.

Heard lots of positives for aldi nappies and in this thread. I presume they just do one version for all the different sizes?
Just get a big storage box. Wipes and nappies only in that one.

The sensitive wipes have given Luca zero issues from day 2/3. Not even a hint of redness which is mental really.

Not sure why people buy normal wipes if there is a sensitive option.

Congrats @seb I was thinking of you yesterday as I unwrapped my Calvin's for Christmas.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Just get a big storage box. Wipes and nappies only in that one.

The sensitive wipes have given Luca zero issues from day 2/3. Not even a hint of redness which is mental really.

Not sure why people buy normal wipes if there is a sensitive option.

Congrats @seb I was thinking of you yesterday as I unwrapped my Calvin's for Christmas.

Aldi sensitive wipes?

Cheers bro, due date is 16th feb!

LOL @ Calvin’s

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Waterwipes are an option if you can't be fussed with cotton buds but don't want to use wipes with chemicals. They're not cheap though.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Waterwipes are an option if you can't be fussed with cotton buds but don't want to use wipes with chemicals. They're not cheap though.

If we see these on offer we clear the shelf of them.

Other than that we just use the sensitive non scented ones from ALDI, Tesco or Asda.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Aldi size 1's are a quid a pack, think thats 12 nappies? They do 6-11lbs

Won't you need to take nappies to the hospital to have something to bring it home in?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Aldi size 1's are a quid a pack, think thats 12 nappies? They do 6-11lbs

Won't you need to take nappies to the hospital to have something to bring it home in?

Yeah the Mrs has bought some for the hospital already but was thinking about once we are home. Reading up on the amount of times babies s**t/wee themselves I am going to need to buy quite a few LOL

Can you tell I am a first time parent!?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
In fairness apart from the poops you're feeding every 3 hours by bottle really then 4 so changing the baby every feed is easy. Also easy to work out.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think we guessed at 8 per day at first. Worked out well, then obviously reduced as he got older apart from the odd day that we had to use more.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
The little lad is nearly 7 months old now and we soon ditched off the Aldi nappies for Pampers, the Pampers seem to handle more without soaking through, especially overnight.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
We hate any other nappies than Aldi! With pampers on both my girls, they leak — I guess each little bundle of poo is different!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
The little lad is nearly 7 months old now and we soon ditched off the Aldi nappies for Pampers, the Pampers seem to handle more without soaking through, especially overnight.

We did a combination of Aldi nappies throughout the day and Pampers for the night just for the added absorption.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
We did a combination of Aldi nappies throughout the day and Pampers for the night just for the added absorption.

Almost the other way round here... we use Asda own brand taped ones at night, they seem to absorb so much! Never wets himself. Whereas we use Pampers (pull-ups) during the day. Pull-ups are just a God send ?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Almost the other way round here... we use Asda own brand taped ones at night, they seem to absorb so much! Never wets himself. Whereas we use Pampers (pull-ups) during the day. Pull-ups are just a God send ?

We're on Pampers pull ups now, like you make life so much easier and also currently going through potty training which is challenging to say the least.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
We're on Pampers pull ups now, like you make life so much easier and also currently going through potty training which is challenging to say the least.

First poo this week :p (can't believe I'm talking about this on a car forum lol)

Clio 197
Just go a size up overnight for more absorption power. Aldi nappies are good VFM.

Reactions: seb

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
We are on pampers pull ups now. seem to be pretty good. Until baby has a massive s**t then they are a bit problematic with smearing s**t everywhere. LOL

Sorry to bump the thread again. But little one on the way due in April. First kid. Only just started clearing the junk room today. Been looking at all sorts, our lass is pretty up to speed with things, my main tasks are painting the room etc and furniture and baby screen monitors. By the way it’s refreshing to have a fairly simple straight to the point male (mainly) opinion. I keep getting shown mumsnet threads.

HOWEVER

Just had a late/early dump however you want to look at it, and seeing as the OH is snoring herself away I can’t be asking. (I was on the loo staring at the bath.) Bathing - I remember when my sister was born my mum had the small plastic baths. Seeing as storage isn’t great in our house I reckon we were going to bathe the baby in the bath which I find a daft idea, as well as a lot of water/gas wasted, so had a quick search for some sort of fold away bath, we have a foldable sink bowl for camping, and they do actually do a baby bath. Has anyone used one? Are they pretty durable and tough. TIA.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Congratulations! My first is 8 months old now and it’s absolutely flown, what you’ll soon realise is babies take over the house with stuff. We used something similar to the above but placed it within a small little baby bath which meant we could bathe him anywhere in the house really as leaning over the edge of the bath isn’t the most comfortable of positions. We just kept these in the bath when they were not needed.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
We used this for our 1st and will be using it again for the soon to be 2nd.. You don't need much water in the bath so not particularly wasteful or anything.

Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support - Aqua https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AWMV9CY/?tag=cliospnet01-21

+1 for this, it's excellent. And, neither of my girls seemed uncomfortable at any point. The only thing I did/do is turn it upside down while the bath is filling up, so it's not cold on their backs when I got them in.

Similarly, don't over-estimate how much water you need in a bath for an infant, 3" deep, ish. A bath water thermometer is also a worthwhile purchase.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
We’ve used a baby bath for both of ours - we bought it for our first kid despite having a tiny house - we just stored it in the bath when not in use. They were so handy we kept it and we use it to bathe our 3-month old.

Well I’ve already fucked up. Bought the camera in mothercare today due to the store closing sale, there was 30% off it. Bought the slightly different model in store to what I was going to get online. Only difference is the camera can’t be moved to look up/down/side to side. But I haven’t told the missus that but I’m very annoyed at myself, didn’t realise till I’ve just opened it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I hope it wasn't Motorola, they're shite! (and actually made by Binatone)

We have no.2 on the way now :) and have to buy another monitor as we never bothered getting another when ours broke... our boy is just over 2 years now.