ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Baby monitors and other baby stuff

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Got our joie pram with the car seat and a few other bits for £300 brand new. As said above no one really cares what your pram looks like. As long as it does the job. You’ll also be amazed how quickly they grow out of it and it’s completely worthless

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea if you're still in the same 'system' at 9-12 months then you've done pretty well, makes you whince when you think about it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think we were still using ours when our first born was 2+.
We then got a cheapo buggy to take with us on holiday etc which we didn't mind if it got battered.

This is what we have (different pattern) plus we got the isofix base which was around £100

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yea if you're still in the same 'system' at 9-12 months then you've done pretty well, makes you whince when you think about it.

We're at 6 months and i cant see any reason why we would need to change what we have for a very long time!

Our buggy purchase was based solely around the need to fit in the boot of Sarahs TT with the seats still up, naturally (as with all my big purchases, i created a spreadsheet to compare unfolded/folded/wheels off folded sizes. We ended up with an iCandy Lime. Id say they are very much the Land Rover of the buggy world, very trendy, expensive, made in Britain ... and woeful build quality. Still, like Land Rover, whilst under warranty theyve been brilliant, replacing anything as & when required. We currently have one immaculate pram and one slightly knackered one made up of spare parts :ROFLMAO:

50513363771_167101de1a_c.jpg

Car seat wise we bought a Cybex Cloud Z as it can lie flat when using it on the buggy, no issues with the 2 hour car seat limit then. Again, that was bought with the TT in mind, it works with either seat belt, or isofix mount. The latter being a swivel one that lives in the X5 permanently. From memory, the bugger was £650 or so, car seat £225 and isofix £175. Not cheap, but we dont regret spending the money at all.

Our full list of "big" baby purchases was as follows - just if its useful for anyone:

iCandy Lime pushchair, carrycot & footmuff
Cybex Cloud Z carseat (0-18 months)
Cybex Base Z rotateable isofix mount
Baby Bjorn One Air baby carrier
Baby Bjorn Bliss 3D Jersey baby bouncer
Kodak Cherish C225 wifi baby monitor with 2nd camera
Snuzpod3 Bedside Crib
Love2Dream original swaddle sleepsuit
GroCompany gro bag baby sleeping bag
Ewan the sheep
Percy the Penguin Grofriend
Groegg2 temperature gauge/nightlight
Evla's baby food steamer & processor

The sleepsuits have literally been the best thing ever.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That’s massive though dave. Becomes a pain in the arse getting it in and out. We have a buggy that folds up to nothing, lightweight and sturdy. Haven’t looked back (wee man is a year old) and we haven’t used the pram in ages. Can just Chuck the buggy in the boot no bother, would actually fit in the footwell if needed

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Baby Bjorn Bliss 3D Jersey baby bouncer

Cannot recommend this enough, along with the formula prep machine the bouncer is the best thing we bought.

He bloody loves it, gets going with some force!

We did buy a Gro bag but never ended up using it :(

Pram wise we’ve got the Oyster 3 which isn’t the most compact but it’s been good so far (he’s 5 months). Better now we’re not using the cot on it now he’s a bit bigger.

Tempted to get something better for more off roady type walks, something with proper tyres and a bit of suspension.

For car seats we’ve got a Joie 360 thing in each of the cars. Wanted a seat that spun due to wife’s back problems, so much easier for her.

Think they were £300 a piece which worked out no different than if we’d bought one seat and two bases of another style/brand.

Although all that pales into comparison cost wise when compared to the new car the wife had to replace her mini, that one hurt the wallet!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah we had a maxi Cosi I think it was and it was a bit pricey with the car seat etc. Handy when you got a small baby as the car seat clicks into the push chair saves taking them out etc. We got rid for a Joie now after my daughter got a bit bigger and changed car seats anyway. The joie also takes up about half as much space in the boot whereas the maxi Cosi was a big clunky thing. Well built I guess but just not necessary after the car seat change imo.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That’s massive though dave. Becomes a pain in the arse getting it in and out. We have a buggy that folds up to nothing, lightweight and sturdy. Haven’t looked back (wee man is a year old) and we haven’t used the pram in ages. Can just Chuck the buggy in the boot no bother, would actually fit in the footwell if needed

Its useful at the moment as the change bag/wet weather gear/shopping etc can all go on the buggy, also lockdown baby means we havent exactly been travelling around all over the place anyway :ROFLMAO: we were going to get a Babyzen YoYo, but decided that it was just a little flimsy for walks in the park and 'off road" treks. Will probably get one of those when she gets to 18 months/moves out of the rear facing car seat though and/or we can travel abroad again properly.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Its useful at the moment as the change bag/wet weather gear/shopping etc can all go on the buggy, also lockdown baby means we havent exactly been travelling around all over the place anyway :ROFLMAO: we were going to get a Babyzen YoYo, but decided that it was just a little flimsy for walks in the park and 'off road" treks. Will probably get one of those when she gets to 18 months/moves out of the rear facing car seat though and/or we can travel abroad again properly.
We have a baby zen yo-yo and it is phenomenal. Highly recommended. You’re right on the off roading element. We’ve had ours on canal paths though and it’s stood up to the abuse

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats! Hope you’ve kept all the “kit”? 😂
Yep! The eldest isn’t even 3 yet and the middle one is only just 18 months. We said we’d rather have them close together but I didn’t expect them to be this close 😂

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Yep! The eldest isn’t even 3 yet and the middle one is only just 18 months. We said we’d rather have them close together but I didn’t expect them to be this close 😂
Jeez, that's some going. My wife didn't let me near her for 2 years after our first two! We're also having a third - due mid August.

Reactions: Ben

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Congrats! I have my third on it’s way! Due July! I have a stupidly big age gap of 15, 11 and newborn! Wife is a bloody hoarder, but even so I’m currently still buying new kit! We just bought a baby monitor from Lidl with a camera fitted! Who would’ve thought! Forgot about the pain of buggy shopping! Mind blowing expense it would seem. Not to mention the f**king great extension that starts next week to make bedroom space for my ‘little unexpected surprise ’ I’m getting the snip this year now!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Had our online chat about pushchairs and car seats.

Wife still just wants the prettiest one 🙄

I'm encouraging her to get it ordered through JL so we got a £100 JL Voucher then I'll order a new TV 🤣

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Had our online chat about pushchairs and car seats.

Wife still just wants the prettiest one 🙄

I'm encouraging her to get it ordered through JL so we got a £100 JL Voucher then I'll order a new TV 🤣

Can recommend the UppaBaby Vista, it’s what we went for and it’s honestly brilliant. It was about £1k (2018) but the top end ones all are about the same.

It’s very “dad friendly” and easy to use and fold up etc, worth a look..

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Can recommend the UppaBaby Vista, it’s what we went for and it’s honestly brilliant. It was about £1k (2018) but the top end ones all are about the same.

It’s very “dad friendly” and easy to use and fold up etc, worth a look..

She wanted a Silvercross something or other.

Think we're going for the Bugaboo Fox 2 as apparently its lightweight, folds very flat and is decent-ish off road 🤷‍♂️

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is due on err Monday

We've got pretty much the essentials and that's it

Not even bought a baby monitor.. not like she's gonna be in a different room for the first 6 months from either one of us for any length of time anyway

At some point I'll buy a car again for my wife, but until then the baby is slumming it in the E63. Hope the baby likes V8's. Told the wife I am doing at least one skid on the way home (hopefully not into a field)

"We" (my parents) paid for:

Egg buggy thing. It's black with sparkly bits in it and the metal bits are rose gold
Cybex Cloud Z car seat and base
A large amount of clothes

In-laws bought:

Nursery furniture

Brother in law has donated what seems like an entire warehouse of clothes (2 small daughters)

I have bought.. dunno, paint for the nursery maybe? Wife bought a moses basket which will live in our bedroom (or wherever the baby needs to sleep)

Doing well so far, gonna get expensive at some point :ROFLMAO:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully everything goes smoothly Terry! Our monitor with remote camera was and still is a god send, we can just keep an eye on them without having to try and creep to open any doors and disturb them etc. Would 100% buy another if it broke, we’ve got two different ones at the minute. One for each 😆

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Kids don’t start costing money until they are much older...in my experience. My daughter
Is 16 in August (no I’m not posting pics) and I’m looking down the barrel or an apple laptop, then we have university to contend with. Child 2 is 11 in a couple of weeks and wants a gaming PC to go with all the other consoles, but I’m told I don’t need to worry about a PS5 until Christmas! New borns and up to about 10 is financially easy to manage in my experiences. Just keep them away from things like horses.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
University will be a real killer, fee's and accommodation are a right old rip-off now.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

Wife is 99% set on the iCandy Peach. Anyone have experience with them?

She was set on the Mamas and Papas Ocarro, but after reading reviews of mamas and papas (not their actual stuff, the service) has decided against it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

She was set on the Mamas and Papas Ocarro, but after reading reviews of mamas and papas (not their actual stuff, the service) has decided against it.
My sister & husband had an iCandy, and raved about it when it came to me looking for advice on a pram.

In the end we went with a Bugaboo instead, as it could fold down flatter (and IMO, easier) than the iCandy when we went to John Lewis to get one / try one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It's just a travel system. They all do the same and they all last aslong you need them. Some are expensive for expense sakes.

Oyster wasn't that expensive and they're solid.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure how much Oyster system is but I still swear by Cosatto. British made, absolutely super customer service, scored high on every test that the wife looked at.
We got the travel system (Probably posted earlier in here tbh) and between having our first and second, lost a part for it.
A quick email asking if they still have stock of our old design (they didn't after 5 years) and we ended up with a similar replacement for cost, plus a few other bits for free, all within a week.

Last edited:

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
It's just a travel system. They all do the same and they all last aslong you need them. Some are expensive for expense sakes.

Oyster wasn't that expensive and they're solid.

I don’t think they are all the same and all last as long as each other. There’s a significant difference in the quality of cheaper models right through to the upper end of the market.

I agree some have a “fashion” tax because a certain celebrity has been seen with one but there’s a good fees that are designed/engineered/built a million times better than the boggo spec M&P ones…

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've had 2 children. Quite an age apart so had a decent review period of both. By the time the baby is done with the particular setting/set up you can sell it. Therefore longevity isn't really a big deal. Ie 500 or 1500 is very little difference.

Now... I'm saying that, some parents just want to take their new born baby and literal reason to live out in a fancy new pram etc. Same reason people own 300 quid a month bogho spec white Audis. Yeah?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I have had two children, also a decent spread in age between them, with 11 years between my current youngest to the yet to be born third. My wife is still hell bent on spending £1500 on a travel system. Frantically and constantly looking for a ship that had a good stock for her to view. Absolute madness. But not even worth arguing about. Neither was the £500 prom dress I had to buy for my daughter today...f**king kids

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fair. My partner is frugal in the right sense. Sometimes ... We both kinda see where value is in purchases.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hey guys

My fiancee and I are expecting twins in August, probably earlier as they're likely to be born premature.

I've read through all 5 pages of this thread and it's brilliant, I've taken some really useful information from the posts. I'm currently researching the main things we need to get such as pushchair and baby car seats etc, from what I've read so far it's probably more cost effective to buy a pushchair that comes with a travel system.

I'm a little confused about it all I have to be honest. If we find a pram we like that comes with a travel system, does that include the car seat and isofix adaptor too or do these need to be bought seperately? The seats will be going into a Huyndai IX35 or a Nissan Quashqai both of which have Isofix rear seats. Is anyone able to kindly clear things up for me a little please?

Many thanks.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys

My fiancee and I are expecting twins in August, probably earlier as they're likely to be born premature.

I've read through all 5 pages of this thread and it's brilliant, I've taken some really useful information from the posts. I'm currently researching the main things we need to get such as pushchair and baby car seats etc, from what I've read so far it's probably more cost effective to buy a pushchair that comes with a travel system.

I'm a little confused about it all I have to be honest. If we find a pram we like that comes with a travel system, does that include the car seat and isofix adaptor too or do these need to be bought seperately? The seats will be going into a Huyndai IX35 or a Nissan Quashqai both of which have Isofix rear seats. Is anyone able to kindly clear things up for me a little please?

Many thanks.
This is what we have (different design) Everything works together.
Isofix base stays in the car. The car seat fixes to the pram if you need it (we might use it if she's asleep and were just nipping to a shop)

Not sure if they do a system for twins though.