ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back from Hillpower

Vectra :(
Hey all.

Finally got into see nick today for my ported inlets and ported plendum chamber. Also got a silicone bend while i was there.

Rolling roaded before and after shown a gain of 6-7bhp. so now i am getting ever closer to the actual 172 quoted by renault lol. Figures meaning nothing tho the drive is improved throughout the rev range giving more torque lower down.

Will post the RR graphs when nick e-mails me the comparison graphs as only got the after graph at the mo.

Also got an unrated fuel pressure regulator fitted to sort out the AFR and thats all fine now too, not running lean or rich.

All together very happy and with cliosport discounted quite a bargain!

Car is now running 165.7bhp, which i am dissapointed about but expected it really. yet to see a 172/182 running close to the renault figures stated. When i spoke to nick about it he too said that seeing a 16v clio make 10-20bhp less than quoted was about right. In his opinion only the williams engines ever RR @ the stated figures.

P.S. Would recommend nick to anyone, really knows his stuff and makes a really nice cuppa :)

Rick

The 172 HP was the french HP the Uk equivalent is 166.6hp.
But engines do differer you find powerful and low power ones its just the build.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Lam7r said:
Hey all.

Finally got into see nick today for my ported inlets and ported plendum chamber. Also got a silicone bend while i was there.

Rolling roaded before and after shown a gain of 6-7bhp. so now i am getting ever closer to the actual 172 quoted by renault lol. Figures meaning nothing tho the drive is improved throughout the rev range giving more torque lower down.

Will post the RR graphs when nick e-mails me the comparison graphs as only got the after graph at the mo.

Also got an unrated fuel pressure regulator fitted to sort out the AFR and thats all fine now too, not running lean or rich.

Car is now running 165.7bhp, which i am dissapointed about but expected it really. yet to see a 172/182 running close to the renault figures stated. When i spoke to nick about it he too said that seeing a 16v clio make 10-20bhp less than quoted was about right. In his opinion only the williams engines ever RR @ the stated figures.

P.S. Would recommend nick to anyone, really knows his stuff and makes a really nice cuppa :)

Rick
hes a top bloke i've used him for a few years now and wouldnt go anywhere else he doesnt always get the respect he deserves on here

^^ true, i search for hillpower and couldnt find much. I will be going back there.

Also spotted a broken brake vacuum pipe and replaced for free :) (cheers nick)

Had a couple of nice williams in there

Agree, Mr Hill is a top bloke.

He ported my inlet manifold and remapped my old 172. Without doubt the chap is very skilled when it comes to car engines.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Hillpower is only a 10-15min drive away and he works right next to my uncle, who knows him from his Renault 19 Turbo days, and I've still not been up there yet and I've had my 172 for 18 months!!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i would recommend him to anyone, my hybrid is with him at the moment having some bits done. got no problems leaving the car with him either:D
his a top bloke:star:

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Yep great guy and cant fault his work. Was up there last monday. Jay got some pics of your car while I was up there!! ;)

jay s said:
i would recommend him to anyone, my hybrid is with him at the moment having some bits done. got no problems leaving the car with him either:D
his a top bloke:star:

Think i seen your car today mate. looking nice, well i say nice, in lots of bits haha :)

Your reg end in VVT? if not your was under the covers :)

Lam7r said:
Hey all.

Does the fuel regulator mean that a remap isn't nessessary?

Can you tell me how much it all was please?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Lam7r said:
Think i seen your car today mate. looking nice, well i say nice, in lots of bits haha :)

Your reg end in VVT? if not your was under the covers :)

my reg ends in VLF, not sure if its the one but there is a williams having a nice bit of work;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Darren555 said:
Does the fuel regulator mean that a remap isn't nessessary?

Can you tell me how much it all was please?
I'd like to know about this as well as I already have a remap but it isn't going to account for the ported inlet work.

Regards the fuel pressure regulator...

It will never be as good as a remap, as it wont alter torque characteristics etc like a map will do however it can sort out your AFR when running the mods. This depends how far out your running in the first place i think. My AFR was taken before the inlet work and was only slightly out due to my sports cat and system, so would have been further out after the inlets. With the fuel regulator fitted the AFR was taken again on my second RR run and was spot on so it worked as far as sorting my AFR out and it £200+ quid cheaper than a remap/new ecu.

I will probably get a remap in the future but for now it suits as i didnt want to run lean/rich until i could get in for a remap.

For more info give nick a call @ Hillpower, i am sure he wouldnt mind explaining and could do it a million times better than me, as he can go into detail about why it works. Grab his nnumber from www.hillpower.co.uk

As for price as some asked send me a PM as to what part you wanted te price for, inlets? fuel reg or all of it?

Cheers