ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back from the bodyshop (quite pic heavy)

172 & RSi
Just got the car back this week from the bodyshop, had pretty much a full respray as the car had been keyed etc. and I wasn't happy with a lot of the bodywork. Over the moon now though :) I'll let the photos speak for themselves, however I'm no photographer so apologies if some aren't very good.

03072008386.jpg

03072008375.jpg

03072008381.jpg

03072008388.jpg

03072008387.jpg

03072008391.jpg

03072008395.jpg

03072008415-1.jpg

03072008420.jpg

03072008416.jpg

03072008396.jpg

03072008397.jpg

03072008399.jpg

03072008402.jpg

03072008403.jpg

03072008406.jpg

Mods so far:

16" OZ Superleggera's
Lowered 60mm
BMC induction kit
Cat back exhaust
Fully colour coded
172 Spoiler
172 Ph2 Rear bumper
Ph2 rear lights
Ph2 side strips
Megane splitter
Alpine headunit and amp & sub
Clear side repeaters & silvervisions
Shorter ariel
www.ClioSport.net stickers
Private plate

Plans are:

Lower rear springs (too nose down atm, springs on their way as we speak)
Changing splitter (not decided what to yet though)
Wheels refurbished in anthracite
Anthracite side badges & smoked side repeaters to match
HID's
Show cage
Leather interior or possibly buckets (undecided)
Possibly change exhaust (was the only mod done when I bought the car)
Dewiper the rear

Let me know what you lot think, and what you reckon to the plans.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
  Petrol Blue 182.
looks sweet man!! i want a respray now :( how much did the spary cost if you dont mind me asking?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
very nice. i would've got the rear number plate recess made smaller for the plate though

Ian

Focus TDCi
I like it, very tidy - good choice of mods too. :)
How much did the respray cost if you don't mind me asking?! Also, were those front headlamps standard to the car?

172 & RSi
looks sweet man!! i want a respray now :( how much did the spary cost if you dont mind me asking?

Had both sides, front bumper, rear bumper and boot done for £450 at an insuranced approved bodyshop near me, my mate introduced me so I think thats why I got it so cheap, they've done an amazing job tbh :)

Plates are nice mate...

Thanks mate, theyre the pressed ones from dubmeister :)

looking good so far

Cheers :cool:

172 & RSi
very nice. i would've got the rear number plate recess made smaller for the plate though

Thought about that, just if I get pulled for them I can switch them back to standard atm, I'd be buggered if I changed the recess lol. Could be a mod for the future though :)

I like it, very tidy - good choice of mods too. :)
How much did the respray cost if you don't mind me asking?! Also, were those front headlamps standard to the car?

Headlamps were standard mate yeah, price is above :)

and get a decat .
ive got one for sale .75.00 if you want it

Tempting but I dunno if I can be bothered switching for the MOT's, hmmm

Cheers for the comments

mk4 golf gttdi180
:)

and get a decat .
ive got one for sale .75.00 if you want it

Tempting but I dunno if I can be bothered switching for the MOT's, hmmm

Cheers for the comments[/quote]
its easy to fit mate i can fit for an extra 30 take like an hour max depending on bolts etc .go mon you now you want it

BMW E92/Audi S3
Very nice, you got any pics of before?
Im interested to see how bad it used to look? Keying etc..
Also.. how much did you pay, if you dont mind me asking

172 & RSi
I'll dig out some pics for ya when I get home but not really got any good ones of the keying, I was always ashamed of it n tried to block it out lol. Was all the way down the drivers side though and the door on the passenger side too, right down to the metal. Had other things i wanted tidying up so made sense to do it together. Got a very good price though i agree, so happy, cannot fault the work at all either.

Cheers for all the positive comments

172 & RSi
These pics show it when it was pretty much standard, bar side repeaters, stickers and splitter in one pic, I'll have to dig out some from the day I got it. As I said not really got any of the keying although I can assure you it was bad enough. (Sorry about pic size)

11072007399.jpg

04082007419.jpg

26062007321.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer my splitters black and my exhausts stealthy, but the rest seems just right.

172 & RSi
Thanks for all the feedback, what does everyone think of the future plans?

you got the peco back box there?

Looks the same as mine

Think it is mate, as I said it was the only mod done to the car when I bought it but it looks like a full exhaust not just a backbox as it seems to be brand new from the cat back, not 100% though. As I said I may change it in the future but I like the way it sounds and it doesn't look too bad imo. Better than a slash cut jap thing lol.

172 & RSi
I prefer my splitters black and my exhausts stealthy, but the rest seems just right.

Splitter change is on the cards mate, probably the next mod, just not sure what to change to, any ideas? I would like something carbon but I don't think k-tec's will fit :dapprove:

Cheers

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Nice dude :)

Although, don't bother with a show cage - save your money. Maybe keep an eye out for a 172 exclusive leather interior?

Dan

172 & RSi
Thanks a lot to those who have left good comments, means a lot :D

Don't think I'm going to bother with the replica skirts as I don't wanna go down that route I don't think, and if I ever change my mind I'll be going with the front bumper wings and skirts :)

Cheers all