ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back speakers bust so brought some new ones

ph1 172 Black
One of my back speakers is giving up so I went out and brought some new ones. Now I looked on here to find which wire is positive. One without stripe on yeah.

So I took one out and fitted it. No probs. Went to other side and one wire is brown and one green! So I took head unit out and the wires didn't seem to match. Aaaarrrggghhh

So I got out my volt meter to find positive and negative. Fitted it and just thought I'd double check the other side.

Now to the problem...the drivers side with the brown and green wires seems to be putting out less voltage. 0.05 whereas the passenger side 0.5. Is this a problem cause they sound the same but my hearing is dodgy.

BMW M135i
To find the pos and neg if you look into the socket of the standard speaker on of the terminals is marked "+" so if you look at the plug you can see which is positive and which is negative. Its the one nearest the clip iirc, there different colours at the headunit end to the speaker end as theres various seperate looms in the car and the colours don't stay the same.