ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back, this time with a Petrol Blue!

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Hi all,

Registered on here in 2003 when I owned a Williams 1 and an EP9 Civic Type-r. I had seen a 172 cup locally and with the Civic doing 24mpg I fancied something a bit more wallet friendly. Good advice from here and 30 odd posts later I owned a 9 month old cup (kept the Williams too). which I really enjoyed for a couple of years.

A couple of years later we bought a Puma for the Mrs (sold the Williams) and used it daily so I swapped the Cup for a 1999 Impreza Turbo with 320bhp (great car).

Then a baby came, Scooby went and Focus TDCi Estate and Saab 9-3 Aero were put on the drive. Saab turned out to be very dull (despite 210bhp) so was old in March. Wanted another fun hatch and as the Mrs and I have had 4 Clios between us it seemed a natural choice. I fancied a Trophy but budget not good enough for decent one.

Then found a 'green' 182FF on the 'trader website at a Kia dealer in the west midlands with 47k miles, good history etc. Instantly knew it was Petrol Blue and although I'd never seen one in the flesh I always liked the colour. Went to see it, did a deal with the cambelt included and bought it then and there!

So, here she is as bought (before I start tinkering!):

DSC_1053.jpg

DSC_1032.jpg

DSC_1039.jpg

DSC_1045.jpg

DSC_1046.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1049.jpg

Obligatory close up in the sun:

DSC_1020.jpg

DSC_1039.jpg

First mod:

DSC_1050-1.jpg

Got plans but looks wise it's staying pretty much OEM.

Plans (I'll start a projects thread I think):

Got:

Stereo upgrade
3/4 number plate
Carbon skinning of fog surrounds, bumper strip, interior bits
Bee sting aerial
Alloy foot rest
Replacement OEM cup splitter (old one long gone)

To do/get:
Slight lowering/handling improvement (Sportlines)
Scorpion RS192
Pipercross panel filter with acoustic valve removed
Engine bay cleanup with painted cover and polished bits
Full detail (getting a d/a polisher next week)
Dent master session

Hope you all like!

Dean

2014 Clio 200t edc
YAY!! My copy thread! Lol
Looks beautiful, lovely and clean. Why I'm jealous i dont know, probably because I was going to wash mine today and didn't!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks lovely.

Looks like the wheels have been refurbed sometime to as the center caps look off colour, or maybe thats just the angle of the photos.

Still, stunning!!!

Sam!

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Cheers all,

Yeah wheels have been done, very recently I think, slightly darker but I like the extra darkness.

Debating whether to try and match the centre caps or not!

Evo 8 MR
Never seen one with the anthracite wheels, looks a lot better than with the standard silver.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Epic colour choice mate but needs mods to work.

The textured parts are looking very grey. Need a little coat of matt black, rear bumper insert and the 2 front grilles. Obv the fog covers are going carbon.

It'll brighten it up aswell. Looking a little tired. :(

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Thanks again all, love the positive reponses.

Epic colour choice mate but needs mods to work.

The textured parts are looking very grey. Need a little coat of matt black, rear bumper insert and the 2 front grilles. Obv the fog covers are going carbon.

It'll brighten it up aswell. Looking a little tired. :(

Yeah, am going to carbon skin the rear insert too and the exhaust surrounds. Was debating whether to paint the grilles or whether the potential for chipping will be a pita, might see what trim products are out there and try to get the colour back into them (its swirl and fade mania at the moment so the detail is needed really soon!). Really fancy black inserts for the headlights too and am deciding if I have big enough man spuds to stick the lights in t'oven though.

love the colour but as said mods needed, i think white turinis would look awesome

They probably would and I've always wanted a car with white wheels after nearly buying a solid (almost RB) blue 106 gti in the mid 90's with white wheels. However I actually like the 182 alloys in the slightly darker anthracite and to be frank I want to keep the OEM look with really subtle changes. Am wary of ruining such a rare beast with over the top mods, subtle = winner I think!

I hate the colour, but it's rare.

Was waiting for you to turn up, you seem to feature negatively in all PB threads, pleased you are in a total minority of PB haters so far, oh I love it (I love RBs too!).

There is one on eBay, been on for a while. Got White 182 wheels!! :dead:

Will have to head off to have a look at this then contact the final buyer to get them on here.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Found the ebay one, looks like one of the 5 with no cup packs and on the white 182 alloys it looks blooming awful!!!

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Found the ebay one, looks like one of the 5 with no cup packs and on the white 182 alloys it looks blooming awful!!!

It's got an orange engine cover too, looks proper odd.

It didn't sell either, £2775 with 35000 miles seemed pretty cheap until I saw it had no history, one key, no cup packs and was Cat C!!

Makes mine for about a grand and a half more all in seem like a proper bargain!!

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Question is how far do i go on the outside.

I was thinking:

Carbon fog surrounds and rear bumper strip, then coded bullets with anthracite lettering and darker repeaters, then stop.

172DD Cup
That colour always looks like it has different shade body panels. I'd still have one though, so rare and the colour makes it extra special :)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

2014 Clio 200t edc
I like the idea of coded bullets, but don't think I could do it. I also need to sort out the 'black' plastics. I believe AG do something for them.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
I like the idea of coded bullets, but don't think I could do it. I also need to sort out the 'black' plastics. I believe AG do something for them.

I'm definitely 50:50 on the bullets, will have to do a photoshop and see. Kind of want to leave the outside as it left Renault (just doing the black bits carbon, sportlines and the rs192).

I need to read up on black trim stuff, will let you know what I find out.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
That colour always looks like it has different shade body panels. I'd still have one though, so rare and the colour makes it extra special

Yeah, my dad said "that door's seen some paint" when I first showed him due to the colour change!

172DD Cup

I just got some AG bumper care from demon tweeks via ebay
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1100...200590100068&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123
for the price it's very very good, it's a gel rather than a spray so has longevity and it beads water well, two weeks on it hasn't faded. you can get better, but it costs.
as the trim has a slightly rough surface i found it better if i dabbed it on with a paintbrush, let it dry for a while then just wipe. you don't need to use much at all.