ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BAD CARWASH! WIFES FAULT!!

clio 172 cup
Looking for some advise regards clio door handle.
Was out and about and was thinking of washing my car! But then the wife said why dont you take it to one of those £5 iraqi car washes, so thought why not just this once!
And then it begins! Car wash was fine just nearing the end of leathering down the car and then the guy opens the door and says whats happened to your door handle, I said nothing as its silver just looked slightly worn nothing major at all!
The guy walks of comes back with some spray and a rag, not asking for my permission starts to rub the handle down! So thought I better get out and have a look, hes only gone and rubbed the silver off the top half of my handle leaving it looking a rite mess! He said it looked like it had been sprayed on and said he was trying to help! What a knob!
Does anyone know if the handles can just be sprayed? And what silver would it be? Or even have or know the price of a new one? Heres a pic! Absolutely gutted now!!
nu6ybyda.jpg

Thanks in advance

clio dci , ren8
Looks like the ones on my old clio , but they can be painted :) I used a wheel silver on mine but there are plenty to chose from & can be done & look good with a rattle can .

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looking for some advise regards clio door handle.
Was out and about and was thinking of washing my car! But then the wife said why dont you take it to one of those £5 iraqi car washes, so thought why not just this once!
And then it begins! Car wash was fine just nearing the end of leathering down the car and then the guy opens the door and says whats happened to your door handle, I said nothing as its silver just looked slightly worn nothing major at all!
The guy walks of comes back with some spray and a rag, not asking for my permission starts to rub the handle down! So thought I better get out and have a look, hes only gone and rubbed the silver off the top half of my handle leaving it looking a rite mess! He said it looked like it had been sprayed on and said he was trying to help! What a knob!
Does anyone know if the handles can just be sprayed? And what silver would it be? Or even have or know the price of a new one? Heres a pic! Absolutely gutted now!!
nu6ybyda.jpg

Thanks in advance

I have a spare pair of silver door handles for a 200 with keyless, with the button. I'll take some pics later if you want? Sure we could work out a price etc if you want them. I believe they're in good nick, but can confirm tomorrow,

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You have two options;

1) paint the handle yourself using a can of silver paint and a can of lacquer. £10 and an hour out of your life.

2) Take it to a bodyshop and get them painted lacquered and baked properly and they'll last for ages. Longer than standard ones I suspect!

3) Never use those hand car wash places ffs. Not if you're a car enthusiast anyway!

clio 182 cup
i woudnt bother. its your own fault for going ..and hes just doing hes job.accidents happen but its mad to see that happen from a car wash. looks like he used some strong chemical or something like TFR

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i woudnt bother. its your own fault for going ..and hes just doing hes job.accidents happen but its mad to see that happen from a car wash. looks like he used some strong chemical or something like TFR

Traffic Film Remover won't strip paint mate. If it did, there would be a lot of chrome cars on the roads!

They're a Renault silver, just matt lacquered. Bodyshop will be able to repaint them. Renault parts can probably give you the code too, can't remember off the top of my head what silver it is they're painted.

If you want them painted, we do them, and whats more, i can send you a set of replacement painted covers, and you can trade in your old ones.....thus no need to send yours off to be repainted.

ST
FLOL, what a spanner for using one of those 'hand car washes' - i'd rather leave my car dirty until i could get round to doing it myself.

2bf, if you breath on those handles with anything even the slightest bit abrasive they will end up bare plastic, its poor renault build quality, they arent even primed and its a single stage paint, which is absolutely micro thin........i dont really blame the car wash, id be over the moon it was only my handle.

FLOL, what a spanner for using one of those 'hand car washes' - i'd rather leave my car dirty until i could get round to doing it myself.

My cars , all of them every week and all are fine , not all of them are s**t