ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BAD Knock when I suddenly accelerate

Titanium Clio 182
Noticed this last night, when removing my foot from the accelerator pedal and then suddenly putting it back on, right the way down. I get a very nasty clunk/bank noise coming from what sounds to be the drivers side, near the wheel. Obviously might be somewhere else but that's where it sounds like its coming from. Its like when you do a dodgy gear change (no grinding) just a sudden bang. The kind of noise you get when wheel spinning on a dry road.

I've not had a look yet, but could it be engine mounts?

Thanks in advance.

Titanium Clio 182
Thanks i'll give it a go this week sometime. Its a nasty knock like, now and again there are to knocks which happen quickly. Doesn't matter what gear i'm in either 1st or 5th.

Evo 5 RS
Most likely mount will be dog bone. Put the hand brake on as if you were about to do an epic hill start on the biting point, if you can hear it clanging then, it'll be that

Titanium Clio 182
Looked at it and the mount doesn't look that good, the rubber is loose inside and the aft rubber is squashed and not looking that good, can't really see in this photo though.

IMAG0111.jpg

RS172
I had this problem I took the battery out to find the upper g/box mount bolts loose and the holes elongated in the mount so fitted new mount and bolts all knocking and vibrating gone!!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
One of the best and easiest remedies would be some solid top mounts. Think ktec still sell them.