ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad luck? possible breaking Ph1 172.

R56 JCW
After a spot of bad luck last night, my friends Ph1 172 bottom end decided to go!

It's a titanium silver, in good condition with only a very small amount of rust starting to bubble around one of the rear arches. It drives superbly, tight and straight.
Had new brakes all round only a few months ago.

What to do?
He doesn't really have the time/know-how to break the car and sell in parts, but he possibly could over a long amount of time.

Is the car likely to sell for circa £500 as a whole car as it is, or would he only achieve this by selling as parts? Interior is near on mint apart from the steering wheel, wheels are good, but could do with a refurb to be perfect and sailed through it's last MOT. It also has a new cat-back exhaust from Powerflow.

Any help/advice given, will be much appreciated.

Chris

Ph1 track car, Dci
I made just under a grand breaking a p2, but thats with more parts to sell like xenons and more common body parts. If someone offered £500 for the whole car i would take that as you are unlikey to make much more breaking it sadly, cost vs effort wouldnt be worth it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Engine would have been worth £400 ish depending on miles/belts.

So thats a chunk lost, he will also have to deal with lots of f**k wit's messers.
Also wrapping stuff up to post.

Where abouts is the car?

R56 JCW
Dan172_zps94af68a8.jpg

Dan1722_zpsb840dd8f.jpg

Based in Stafford, the car was on 95k and pulled really well. Gearbox was perfect! Belts were replaced in 2010 iirc.

R56 JCW
Been quoted £1200 for new engine and fitting. I think he would rather put that towards a different car, but still staying in Clio ownership :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
WHAT??? How??? Doing it bare bones alone comes in at less than what they want:-

Used Ph1 172 engine - £450
Consumbales - £120ish (Gearbox oil, coolant, Aux kit)
Labour - £120

Total - £690

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Fix it! Don't let that go, it's a lovely looking car. I'm sure there's a lot of memories and money chucked at it. Tell him to get it fixed and stop being stupid!

R56 JCW
@leeds-182, the ground isn't and dipped in the middle of the car. It's all stock suspension and standard ride height.

Yeah £120 for a days labour. That's very good!! Lol. Everyone take note of his prices!

FF Clio 182
Been quoted £1200 for new engine and fitting. I think he would rather put that towards a different car, but still staying in Clio ownership :)

I paid £1100 all in for new engine all belts done, Dephaser changed and a new clutch + oil and coolant etc