ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad throttle response 1.2 16v

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
I know its not exactly a powerfull engine, or designed to go fast but the throttle response in the clio is w**k! Had a saxo before this with single point and that was great, This isnt fun at all. When changing gear quickly the engine revs up as i dip my clutch when off the throttle. Its bloody annoying, Are they all this s**t or do i have a issue somewhere ?

Thanks,

Nicky

182, 6r GTi
saxo has a throttle cable iirc clio 1.2 16v is fly by wire i think, very slow throttle response. give it a good service and clean the tb. should make it a bit better

Clio 1.2 16V
As others have said have a look at the throttle body. When I checked mine the air filter was full of dirt! Changing that and cleaning the throttle body made a massive difference to the throttle response.

Clio 1.2 16V
As others have said have a look at the throttle body. When I checked mine the air filter was full of dirt! Changing that and cleaning the throttle body made a massive difference to the throttle response.

Impreza Wagon
It's a bit of a pain getting to the TB on the 1.2 but it's worth having a go to give it a clean. Make sure you mop up all the excess oil and give the TB a good clean, I used carb cleaner which worked a treat.

I also had a poor running issue which turned out to be a faulty coil pack (a lot easier to replace). Trial and error with these sort of faults most the time...

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Is there any guides on cleaning a 1.2 16v TB? I am considering doing it to mine at some point?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thanks for the guide, find it a little hard to follow in places, like where all the bolts and stuff are. I really want to give it a go though, whats the best way of actually cleaning the TB?