ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Baffles on way out, need advice...

Vectra :(
as above my baffles in my magnex system are starting to go, only had the bugger 4 months. Anyway i know its covered under lifetime warrenty but to be honest i dont really like the twin pipes sitting under the bumber anymore and the design of the backbox means they cant be lifted and cut into bumber so i am using this as an excuse to get the backbox cut off and a new custom jobby mounted there instead.

What i need advice on is a. where is best in the northwest for a nice custon job? heared topgear in burnley were good?

and b. I have felt ever since having the magnex cat back system i have lost some low down torque, i am right in thinking if i get a higher compression back box that this will give me a little more? the magnex system from the cat is 50mm i think. Any advice as to what to get the backbox like to help this? obviously it has to be 50mm into the box and i wanted 3" single coming out but is there anything specifically i can ask them to do to the backbox to get this effect? would prefer not to get a full system again.

Thanks in advance guys and girls

Rick

Hi Lam7r sorry no advice to give but the baffles in my magnex have gone also only done a few thousand miles with it aswell!!!
They have sent me a whole new system now but I have to cop the bill to have someone fit it again!!
Are these exhausts actually any good??

Rob.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
go to blue flame in skelmersdale. did mine for £325 fitted and u can have it any way u like. they make em there and then. lifetime warranty too. 01695 724444 - blue flame exhausts

The magnex are ok but you lose a bit of low down torque, same with most systems tho i think mate. I was going to claim and get a new system sent to me but i dont think i like the backbox style anymore, thinking of going for a single pipe cut into the bumper. Got a quote from torgeat burnley for a custom backbox for £160 so might go for this option. That or i will get the replacement system from magnex, get a new full system fitted then flog the magnex on flea bay to cover the extra cost of having a back box in place of a full system :)

Cant decide

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
my middle section failed after 4 months also (magnex)

got a pro speed jobbie, no hassel so far

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Not much use in terms of curing the baffles issue but I don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask either of you if I could have your second Magnex backbox mount when you have done. The one that fits between the renault mount and the chassis rail.

Obviously your palm would be crossed with silver.

yeah no probs mate. If i get a new system sent then you can have the new one that comes as i will probably be going for a custom jobbie. Will send you a PM when i know what i am doing, prob be a few weeks tho till i get mine done and then however long magnex take to send me the replacement

I've got a KTEC centre section that's been modified to fit a magnex backbox.

If you were down south you could have it.

Bugger! i work down south a lot but at the moment i am working up scotland and the north for the next few months, or else i could have taken it off you hands (crossing your palms with gold - not the cheap silver stuff ben suggested above :) )

Cheers anyway mate

***walks back 10 paces, and gets his fake gucci bag out ready, complete with fake gold buckles (will have your eye out)***