ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ball-acher of a ball joint

Ph1
Been attempting to do the lower ball joint. Turned the wheel to gain access to the bolts and the drive shaft popped out. After trying to get it back in iv now got split CV gates and box oil everywhere :mad:

My question is, got the drive shaft back in but cant seem to line up the two lower ball joint bolts on the new ball joint, their about 20mm out. Iv tried turning the wheel but they don't seem to line up. :S

Is the drive shaft slot in slot out of the gearbox or could i have dislodged something ? or is there a certain angle the ball joints line up at?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
easy to damage the shaft. I'd pull the boot off and have a look to make sure the 3 rollers are intact (if they're not your gearbox will be full of needle bearings)

Ph1
Managed to get the shaft in and ball joint bolted up.

Out of interest, when a car is jacked up out of gear and you turn a wheel is it normal for a delay ie, can move the wheel say a bit to the left or right before the diff turns the other wheel? ...or does this show wear in the shaft roller bearings?