ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ball joint help for 182

BG 182
In the process of changing bottom ball joints got the old one off no problems, offered up the new one and the ball joint will not slip into the hub.

Putting the new ball joint beside the one I removed there is a difference in size not much though, it is the 12mm bolt spacing one.

What's the story do I have the wrong part or do I need a can of man the *"&* up and open the hub more?

Cheers

BG 182

Like I said not much of a difference but is a little larger hard to get a decent photo, but it does not want to go into hub last one I done slipped in no problem.

Cheers

330i. E30 Touring.
Bolt the ball joint to the wishbone. use the pressure of the ARB to push it in...

Many.
I'd say its the correct balljoint.

How tight is it in the hub, could you not tap it in at all?

Phase 2 clio 172
Is the car on a ramp?

If so, try and wedge a crow bar in the slot where the pinch bolt goes through to open it up a tad, then spread some copper slip all over the inside of the hole and the balljoint itself

they are ment to be tight, and it can be a b*****d to do sometimes. Just gotta be brutal occasionally