ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ball joints

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Replaced a ball joint on my 182 yesterday after noticing a split boot in the month old one [emoji24]

Anyway I noticed the replaced ball joint this morning that the there are witness marks on the abs ring where the ball joint has been rubbing on it, it’s taken a touch off the ring so it no longer catches when rotating.

So my question is are the ball joints on the 1*2s used on anything else? The old one didn’t catch.
Not sure what the brand of this new one was I’ve binned the box. It also came supplied with a massive pinch bolt that wouldn’t fit the hub

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
You can move the balljoint to far in, and past the cut out for the pinch bolt, iv found you have to pry the arm down a little (fighting the ARB) and align the balljoint pin cutout with where the hole is, otherwise it would stick out to far. Hope that makes sense and helps dude

Inferno 182 & Saxo
The pinch bolt went in fine though, I wouldn’t have thought it would have gone in at all without the cut out in the right place?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Ball joint completely incorrect by the looks of it, way too tall. Have swapped it now

Inferno 182 & Saxo
4cf47a015948d969993d678f48793de8.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Not with this so far it would seem. I’m just curious what the hell that ball joint is for, they even asked me in the motorfactors is it the ten or twelve mm holes so I assumed by saying 12 it’d be all good. Back on the old ball joint now which this new one has donated its dust cover to. Luckily for me the motorfactors I used is a 2 minute walk from my house so I’ll be up there tomorrow asking for my money back

Inferno 182 & Saxo
“Continental direct” apparently. I doubt they are anything to do with the tyre manufacturer?

dan's cast offs.
christ they are bloody awful!!!! if they would of fitted they would of been knocking within a couple of months anyway!!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Usually they supply QH stuff which I’ve not had a problem with
It’s rubbed away parts of the ABS ring teeth but it still works with no lights on the dash thankfully.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Not too sure it was about 3 year ago I last used this place for ball joints so could have been old stock