ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Banging / Knocking on lock

Hi, I've searched the forums and it seems split between top mounts and CV joints. I'll try and explain it a bit more so that it might be a bit easier to diagnose.

Basically every morning when I leave the drive on full lock there's a banging from the n/s/f area, and it feels like something it hitting something, and the steering wheel twitches a bit too? It will also do it on the otherside if the opposite lock is applied.

Once I have driven a while it disappears or is reduced to a 'humming' on full lock. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Top mounts most probably mate. Get the strut top washers from yozza and see if they do the trick

Hi,

I'll try the washers, it's just odd how it goes when it's warmed up though!

Hi Alex, it's on Eibach Sportlines so it's lowered a bit yeah.

Thanks.

182, 172 Track Shed
I get exactly the same thing. Sounds really bad in the cold mornings then fades away once the car heats up.

Bit odd that the temp can affect it so much

C

Cupster

Have a search aswell, there have been quite a few threads about this lately.