ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Banging when changing gear

172 clio
I noticed this morning when I was stuck in traffic that everytime whilst in first gear, when I took my foot off the clutch to edge forward there was this knocking under the car - anyone got any ideas? Also in the lower gears my car was was making this high pitch whistling noise, once I was in third it went.

I have had nothing but trouble with the car - 03' 172 - new engine, toxic management system failed, the bearings in my rear wheels went after two years and then something was also wrong with the c-section and since they have changed that, there has been really funny noises under the car. I took it back but they said there was nothing loose, but seen as though everytime I take it to Renault something else goes wrong, can't say I trust them much.

Any ideas would be grateful.

Thanks Lou

Audi TT 225
sounds like the lower engine mounts a bit loose. had the same problem. does it knock if you floor it in 1 & 2nd then go quiet in 3rd?

If that is the problem then its just a nut needs tightning up so wouldn't bother going to renaults, anywhere could sort it out if you dont want to do it yourself.

I think mines coming loose again too lol

172 clio
It does go quiet when I get to third, I will give it a little test tonight on my way home. Thanks for responding to my thread