ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Banned Xbox

182 cup Inferno
Well yesterday my Xbox got the ring of death so getting sent of to be fixed so decided to get my daughters elite xbox to play on came in from work turned it on and could not connect to xbox live message saying that the xbox is banned now the thing is their are no mods it cant play copies infact it hardley gets used so what can i do about this

Civic Type R
basically your fucked, you sure it cant read copied games? You could maybe ring microsoft, but basically they will just tell you that there is nothing they can do, and the previous owner must of modified it.. or opened it for some reason.

Civic Type R
Yep, there w**k, buy a ps3 !! My mates got banned which wasnt modified, he had taken the dvd drive out to adjust the laser, but turned it on with the drive out. This flags the console as modified to microsoft, and you get banned.... my 360 is modified, and i aint banned..

57 Clio Campus Sport
It has also corrupted my gamer tag

You can recover gamertag on other machine when you get it back, just don't use it after you got banned because any achievements you get will not recover and any game saves on your hdd will become corrupt if you play a game and access them. Basicly the console is only of any use for playing games offline when you don't need to save and just use random new profiles.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No it cant play copies
someone at work had his modified, then he heard about the banning so he changed it back to the original firmware (which is what could have happened to yours before you took ownership) and as soon as he started playing cod6 online it banned him.

moral of the story, never buy a second hand 360.

182 cup Inferno
Phoned microsoft today told them the problem but said nothing they can do so gave them a peice of my mind with a few swear words to also told them i getting rid of all 3 xboxes and getting ps3s

172 Cup
You rang xbl customer services and started swearing down the phone?

Are they sending you a brand new xbox for your troubles

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
people are only getting banned cause their idiots. if you play a copied game with live connected, you're a mug. i never play it with the ethernet cable in...when i want to play online i just don't play copied games, is that really so hard?

and as for the OP - if you didn't hack it and are absolutely sure. then speak to MS and they'll send you a new console. your gamertag will be safe

Last edited:
people are only getting banned cause their idiots. if you play a copied game with live connected, you're a mug. i never play it with the ethernet cable in...when i want to play online i just don't play copied games, is that really so hard?

and as for the OP - if you didn't hack it and are absolutely sure. then speak to MS and they'll send you a new console. your gamertag will be safe

Don't MS now check if the console is modded, wether its playing a copied game or not?

VW ....

This man speaks sense :approve:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Just lol @ shouting and swearing down the phone. At least that got it sorted though, oh wait...

dk

911 GTS Cab
they do firmware checks on the dvd drive? didn't think they could, thought they could only detect via games...
nope, they are clever these days, they can tell if its been modded, even if you have changed it back to original fw like i posted above.

the guy at work didn't even play copied games online, still got him banned.............

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wtf! Pikey's come to mind.

Maybe on a ps1 when I was 12 but copied games these days. Very poor.

Where did you trade it? Highstreet? If so, give them a call and explain what has happened.

Clearly someone has traded a modded one in.

182 cup Inferno
I only swore down the phone to them becouse at the end of the day the console is not modded we have no copied games and my daughter is only eleven and when i phoned them they just didnt wanna know got no explanation so now got an ebox which in my eyes isnt worth having

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What do you want them to do. How many times do you think they have heard the 'it's my kids xbox' line. It's annoying yes, but that's just the way it is.

182 cup Inferno
its still not fair we dont nothing wrong and i bet there are plenty more people with the same problem as me and why isnt it their problem and why should it be the way it is we pay the money for the console to play on xbos live now i got a console that to me or my daughter is worthless

Don't believe that.

Google for "fit for purpose" regulations. Baffle them with some law. They'll back down.

Is it a well know high street store? Not just "Dave's Games Shop" because then you can threaten them with going higher up.

There are a set of commands that MS can run whilst you are connected to Live, basically if you have hacked your Xbox and MS run the commands against your firmware it comes back with a garbled message.

It shouldn't come back with anything if it is a legit xbox as they shouldn't be able to issue any commands to the drive firmware (should come back with unknown command). To be honest I would pop in a copies game into your xbox and then see if it plays. You will probably find it will play ;(

What do you expect microsoft to do? If they always accepted the excuse "I didn't know" then they'd never ban anyone. Take it up with the shop, not Microsoft.

Also, how do you know it doesn't play copies when you say you don't have any copies and don't know where to get any?

dk

911 GTS Cab
i think you guys are being a bit harsh on him tbh, hes been done and is an innocent party in this but nobody is believing him.

its just one of those things, there are some dodgy people out there, ones who sell their broken xboxes on ebay or buy a new xbox, and return the faulty one back to them for a refund.

One of the reasons i personally wouldn't even buy a second hand xbox, too risky imo.