ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain Performance Meter (Under £40!)

If i wanted somthink that could tell me all those measurements (of course not down to 0.01 of a secound but close, and it didnt break the bank i would def get one.

but at mo... £40 needs to go towards somthink else for the car :)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Jonesy on 19 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 19 April 2004

Read the site Jonesy, UPS is more expensive but quicker and Airmail is cheaper and takes longer.

The majority of people would go for Airmail I reckon.
<SCRIPT language=javascript> cheers m8, i read it and ordered it on airmail with insurance. Ive been reading the other forum, and they all seem to take around 10 days delivery, thats fine with me, cant wait to laugh at my 0-60 times, muhahahahaha.
how much is yours all in delivered mate. quite interested in one of these just for the fun of it.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymcc on 19 April 2004

Get the guy to mark it as a sample or gift etc, but i doubt the customs will chase you for the fees on £30 tbh.

The accuracy of the G Tech will also be dependent upon your inputting the correct weight of your car, so you have to take into consideration the level of fuel you have, passengers etc etc.

The more accurate the information you feed into the GTech the more accurate the results will be. But anyone expecting accurate precise timings etc its only £40 so you get waht you pay for to some extent.
Like paddy says, its all about correct info input.

Its a glorified calculator, and there is nothing that can go wrong. Its more than accurate enough since math cant be fumbled around with (unless you put in silly data). The use of an accelerometer chip just means it knows how many Gs you pull over a time period and calculates speed/acceleration.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

mine was uninsured and cost £8.76 customs charge.

Value for money deffo.

100% accuracy no. but it seems consistant and is just a bit of fun. comparing cars between mates.

whoever said u need to put the exact weight in to get proper results is wrong. thats only for BHP reading. also you have your transmission losses so the BHP reading is probably a waste of time anyway.

however the acceleration, 1/4 mile, braking distance is all calculated just from the g-force so works straight off with no set up. the only thing is it wont count reaction time like at the pod, only when the car starts moving.

for the money youre paying i doubt you will get anything better. if you dont like it u can prob flog one on ebay for more than u paid for it anyway. certainly 1000 times more accurate than watching a video or stopwatch.

"Hi ,

Thank you for your business.

Your G Tech Pro Performance meter order was shipped by USPS Air Mail on APRIL 19, 2004.

You can expect to receive it, usually, within 7 - 14 days plus Customs delays. "

Ive had two emails from these people since I ordered, once early yesterday to confirm, and once this morning to say it had been shipped. They also refunded me $1 because the shipping wasnt as expensive as they thought it would be!

Have seen bad reports of the quality of units some eBay sellers are flogging - noticed comments when I was reading the manufacturers own forums.

Also just to note the BHP reading takes into account loss through drag, so its not going to tie up with RR figures - Im more interested in the timings anyway really. Taking 17s off next week, so Im hoping its here in time to give me a before and after 0 - 60 !!

just seen this

Make payments to: saxforte
Personal checks are not accepted.
Please do not ask for a false Customs declartion.

So you have to have paypal and he isnt sending no gifts. Anyone no if it works out cheaper via the customs to order 2 to be sent in seperate packages and how much is customs on 2?

I e-mailed them yesterday and I got a reply back saying that it would not be marked as a gift as they do not make false Customs declarations so it is hit and miss as to whether you are charged or not, still very cheap tho I think.

Like entjm said, you could probably sell it for more than you paid for it on eBay anyway and it is only a bit of fun.

Going to order one today me thinks ! Dunno whether to get insured postage tho ?

It was a toss up for me mate too.. Do you pay for insured postage and know it will get here fine, or dont bother and have more chance of getting away with customs charges, but no guarentees itll get here ok..

I went with the former - extra few quid for peace of mind.

Yeah I am still contemplating ! LOL ! Arent you insured on your credit card if it doesnt turn up ?

I dont mind paying the extra couple of quid but would prefer not to be charged an extra £8 on top if it will mean I will get charged customs charges.

I suppose it is just hit and miss, fook it !

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 20 April 2004

Yeah I am still contemplating ! LOL ! Arent you insured on your credit card if it doesnt turn up ?
I paid via PayPal with debit card.. dont really know how I am covered (if at all)

Its more it turning up fooked Im worried abnout.

Good point mate, never thought of that ! Insured it is then I think and see whether I am hit with the extra charges.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Maybe its just N. Ireland that isnt up to speed but anything ive ordered from America ie: A performance manifold for a Hyundai Coupe arrived after 2 weeks in a massive box with a De CAT pipe and no customs charges.

The last things i ordered from America for the GTT were gauges and they arrived with no customs charges as well. Hit and Miss by the sounds of things.

I have ordered loads of DVDs from the US and last year I got hit with a customs charge when I ordered 5 DVDs and also I had to pay charges for a basketball top but they are the only times. Very much hit and miss.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ive used one of these in the past and the times it gives are a little "generous" to say the least...

We never got anywhere near the times when we actually went to proper places like Pod & York, so take the results with a pinch of salt!

It aint no AP-22!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 20 April 2004

It aint no AP-22!
Its also not going to break the bank if it turns out to be little more than a bit of a laugh - Id be angry to have shelled out AP22 money, only to find I rarely use the thing after the novelty has gone.

It might not (and probably wont!) give us accurate times granted - but consistant times? Yes. The ability to compare performance with other owners of the same device? Yes. The ability to judge the effectiveness of mods? Yes!!

Sounds like a bargain to me..

if it is fairly acurate i.e a time of 6.81 is displayed as 6.87 thats not too bad + or if its like 7.9 really but displays 8.0 thats fine also. its only 1 hundreth of a second. as long as you record before and after mods with the same device you can see what sort of gains you have IMO.

Zafira and GSXR

I just ordered mine and cost me a bargain £47.50 with UPS delivery ;).

Cant wait to start playing :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i was just about to say that! hehe!

may purchase one after all!

although dont forget pod is proper straight, if ya use it on the normal road it might not be straight!

im very tempted in getting one now. its only a novetly thing and its a bargin. not like u need to know the exact 10th of a secound unless ur a F1 driver... well u know wot im saying

Zafira and GSXR

Mine turned up this morning so how about that for speedy delivery.

It is great fun to play with, cant wait to tonight to find me a big smooth road to see what 1/4 mile times it gives me plus I am off tot he pod on B/H Monday so will check it out there.

Cant wait for the missis to get her valver and try it in that.

halfrauds already sell them dont they? i prob mistaken, but thought i saw one in the other day.

if they do/or will do they as cheap?

Clio 1.4, SV650S

they won t be as cheap

£160 in demon tweeks... now they iaiint exactly known for being cheap but cant see halfords doing it for less

Theyre quality mate, good fun to use and quite accurate it seems.. consistant.

Few for sale on UK eBay I noticed, might save you the hassle of waiting around for weeks until it turns up from America, and the customs charges.

don't

ok I want 1, isit best 2 buy off ebay or what????

isit easy 2 set up etc???

if im lookin on ebay or on a site, what exactly am i searching 4

cheers
.Dave.

also ppl have been quoting different prices, take it thats cos there from ebay??

Dave, if you havnt already got an ebay account and a paypal account, i would suggest that you order one straight from the website.

Otherwise you will have to set up ebay/paypal etc. Takes a few days to verify your credit card on paypal.

The different prices are based on different shipment methods.

I went for the cheap option of air mail. It takes longer, but i dont mind.

don't

i have paypal and ebay so am i best off getting it off there then??

how long does shipment take

and off ebay how much am i guna pay using the diff shipment options
i.e airmail = total of ££

also on ebay what am i searching 4 in the search engine

will have 2 wait till fri 2 order it anyway as me bank acc is dry till then :-(