ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain upgraded brake pads?

B

Bucko

I'm on a tight budget but i recently bought some Brembo HC discs as they were only £60, now I'm after some upraded brake pads to go with them but don't fancy the £90 price tag that go with them!

Has anyone seen any pads such as EBC Redstuff, Ferodo DS2500 similar on offer anywhere?

I have been looking but not seen anything to catch my eye yet.

Cheers,

Bucko

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Il be pairing mintex 1114's with brembo HC's next week. Burp seems to rate them as highly as ferodos.

And i trust his word.

B

Bucko

Yellow stuff seem to get bad reviews on here. It's only for road use but the brakes as standard are a bit gash.

If i ca't find any cheap enough then it will just be Ferodo Premier for about £25 from the local motor factor

B

Bucko

Il be pairing mintex 1114's with brembo HC's next week. Burp seems to rate them as highly as ferodos.

And i trust his word.

Cheers, i've done my research on the pads but it's just the prices that are putting me off.

I'm thinking £60 max

how much are 1144s?
at that sort of money, think your options are limited to Mintex and EBC.
you want something that works from cold on a roadcar, so that might exclude 1155 and defo excludes Redstuff (from experience!)

172 Cup
The yellow stuffs seem to hold up fairly well to be honest. good price and good bite

ibiza cupra
have a look in gsf, think they do the mintex pads for about £20.
not sure if they are the fronts though.

B

Bucko

I've just realised that the price for Mintex 1144 on Kam Racing is only £55 for the fronts, it's £97 for front+rear! That wasn't very clear.

£55 for Mintex sounds good to me, unless anyone else knows where to get them cheaper?

DS2500 are definitely out of the question though at nearly double the price.

B

Bucko

£64 for Mintex 1144 delivered from Kam Racing. I got bored of searching and really want to get them fitted next tuesday so i had to order soon.