ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Barneys Clio 182 FF

clio 172
Hey guys, I thought it was about time i started up a project thread for my clio 182 seeing as ive owned her for 5 months now!
I'd been on the look out for a clio for quite some time after my mate at work decided to take me for a blast in his 172 cup. I couldnt believe how quick they are and how well they handle round corners, and better yet, i could believe how cheap they go for!!!
Id kept my eye out for a few months but had no luck. I drove a 3 hour drive to go and view a 172 cup but to find out, the so called 'service history' only had 2 stamps in the book and that the dephaser was rattling its c**k off so i came home empty handed.
A month later i was at work one day and had a customer droped her clio 182 off to my garage for a heater blower problem. I got talking to the lady that ownded it and she actually told me shes desperate to sell it. She originally brought it for her son but it was too much expensive for him to insure and that it was costing her too much to run... So i made her an offer..
I got it for £2200 (which i thought was f*cking brilliant). Bodywork was immaculate apart from a small scratch on the offside rear quarter, 50k on the clocks, Full fat, full serivce history and the belts had been changed 3 years ago. It was completly standard apart from a cat back exhaust system. I got it up on the ramp but im unsure as to what make it is :confused: Cant see nothing on it! sounds nice though :smile:

Anyway i enjoyed driving it for a couple of months and then decided to do a couple of modifications :tongueout:
Stuck a ktr sticker on the front and a yellow towing strap.
Debadged the rear and stuck a RS sport badge on it (Looks so much better imo)
Fiited the blue cup interior
Gave it a full service
and lowerd it 40mm on Apex springs. I was going to go for the cooksport springs but 20mm and 30mm just didnt seem enough for me. Ive heard nothing but bad things about the apex springs but im pretty happy with them. Got the clio sitting just how i like it and the ride isnt too bad at all. A little bit more bumpy but what do you expect.
And last but not least i read up on here about that new induction kit everybodys making. So i orderd a pipe and filter and got it fitted. Sounds great! Its got a right little roar to it now. I made my own mount up for it. I found an old mini exhaust bracket, cut it to size, got it in the vice, bent it, drilled a hole, gave it a lick of paint and wollahh!!F
Anyway, hes the pictures of it..

IMG_4925_zpse25fbe3e.jpg

IMG_4926_zps3be6cb86.jpg
IMG_4928_zps9c948243.jpg

IMG_4929_zpsfb1b7e4d.jpg

IMG_4930_zps11897c9a.jpg

IMG_4932_zps1b263c03.jpg

IMG_4931_zpsbba742c8.jpg

IMG_4933_zpse5cd9fc6.jpg

IMG_4934_zps0c32132b.jpg

IMG_4935_zps3d8f5588.jpg

IMG_4937_zps63f7421b.jpg

IMG_4938_zpscf443e1e.jpg

IMG_4939_zps0d5d444c.jpg

Few plans over christmas..
I jacked her up the other day to do a brakefuid change and completly squashed the offside front sill. I was so annoyed, what are these fecking things made of? Theyre about as usefull as a chocolate tea pot! So il be bending that back into place over christmas, painting it and spraying it with waxoil. If i can be be botherd then il also be cleaning out the arches and removing the acoustic valve but seeing as its christmas, im sure il be hungover almost everyday so we'll see..

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
You got a good deal there. Its looks like it has been well looked after. dont like the KTR sticker or the tow strap though.
The front jacking are really crap, I would say 95% of peoples are bent.

clio 172
looks good!
sits about as low as mine on cooksports to be fair :smile:

haha ahh right, are they really that much better? lowering springs are just lowering springs to me, didnt think it made much difference as to what make you go for? :/

clio 172
cheers guys, yeah its in really good condition all round tbh. No rust or anything.
and yeah i dont think i be jacking my car up on the front sills no more. Trouble is i cant get my jack underneath the front of the car past the sill, so im having to jack up the rear axle slightly, put the standard renault jack under the rear sill with a block of wood, jack it up slightly just so i can get my halfords jack underneath the front subframe. Its an absoloute nightmare. Ahh well... the joys of lowering your car... lol

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Where are you actually jacking the car up? Don't go for the thin sills!! There is a lovely sturdy metal brace that runs either side of the car further in towards the centre of the car that as far as I'm aware is a lot lot stronger than the sills.

clio 172
Yeah thats what im actually jacking it up on now where as before, i jacked it up on the sill nearest to me (the thin shitty one) lol. Lesson learnt :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks nice. Not a fan of the stick or tow strap. Shame about the bumper sections are blue and not black.

RB182
Ktr sticker off. Trs strap off.
Black bumper inserts to cover the fact the fronts been painted.
Some tyre slick and boom!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
^ what that man says!!

i like arctic blue such an underrated colour. Suppressed surprized you bought it as you were impressed by the handling then stuck adopted springs on it though!!

Clio 182
its so strange seeing my car on here. looks completely different now.
So it was you who broke the nearside seal haha. what a pain it has been for me
looked great though
so strange to find the previous owner

Attachments

• clio.jpg
    clio.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 97