ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bart the flamer!

M235i / 172
Ok peeps, will get this started before i get carried away with things :)

Picked up this 51 plate flame red 172 a week ago 7-06-2008, I don't like the 17's so it will be going on some dark 16's soon as money allows.
theclio.gif

The projects called bart because of the private plate its got on, and its staying on for now lol
P1010044.gif

Right when i brought it i knew it needed some things sorting, mainly the aux belt tensioner hitting the belt on full lock, so i set straight on that and had it all off and sorted it, made my own tool for the tensioner.

tensioner back on, and tool below.
P1010043.gif

P1010027.gif

That was as far as id got untill yesterday... ill post an update with more progress later, the modding has already begun :D

Any comment welcome :approve:

M235i / 172
Right, i whipped the intake off to replace plugs, pick plugs and filter up monday and will do them in the week, this is what it looks like.

P1010020.gif

intake

P1010032.gif

old plugs

P1010040.gif

Then i decided to remove the front badge, and the bit it sits on and spray both black :)

P1010021.gif

P1010022.gif

Re fitted, I think it looks nice.

P1010023.gif

Then as ive left it for tonight, roughly masked up the black trim in the back bumper and sanded down ready for paint, not sure if i want it black, or colour coded, but the small clio badge on the back is going black.

P1010036.gif

P1010035.gif

Thats it, more soon guys!

M235i / 172
looking good :)

would it not of been easier to unclip the rear bumper insert?

Thanks mate, well i tried to unclip it with it on the car and it just wouldnt come off, and i dont wanna take the bumper off really. So, when i mask it for paint ill lie with my legs under the car so i can see it properly, will get a good edge then :) still undecided what colour to go, black to match other bits, or flame, same as car. See my thread in exterior part and put in your 2 pence :cheers:

M235i / 172
Also knew when i got it that i needed to do the front brakes, this shows them looking a bit poorly :(

P1010047.gif

Will get them ordered and fitted soon, First things first are get the new plugs/filter and oil in, run it up, then get the gearbox done.. then brakes... this thing loves my money its like a woman lol

M235i / 172
Right, got the plugs and filter today, paid £39 for both, didnt think that was bad?
Fitted the plugs earlier and put all the intake back on, running again now.

Can someone just out my mind to rest and tell me that the front badge an the bit it sits on looks ok in the pic, 2 above ^
Cheers.

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
i like it and i have a flamer if that helps lol!

im thinking about putting silver gordini like stripes on mine so will keep the badge silver.

what about colour coding your badge and side bullets to your rims once you decide on what to get?

keep on going champ i cant to see this one develop! :rasp:

M235i / 172
i like it and i have a flamer if that helps lol!

im thinking about putting silver gordini like stripes on mine so will keep the badge silver.

what about colour coding your badge and side bullets to your rims once you decide on what to get?

keep on going champ i cant to see this one develop! :rasp:

Post pics of you fit the stripes mate, would like to see what it turns out like!

Erm, well id like black wheels tbh, so the badge would stay :)

Yep i'll kep going mate, im going to be busy over the next few month :D

M235i / 172
Right, finished the strip in the back bumper, I like the finished result :)

In primer

P1010007.gif

Done in black...

P1010009.gif

You can see in some of the pics, a bit of glue still left on the bumper from the masking tape, ive still gota remove this so please ignore it!

P1010013.gif

Door bullets next, not sure to i should do them black with silver writing, or leave them silver and paint the writing black, Any opinions? :)

Combo
well done for going with black and not colour coding it matey, looks good.
as for the bullets? colour code them and black writing will look good IMO

M235i / 172
well done for going with black and not colour coding it matey, looks good.
as for the bullets? colour code them and black writing will look good IMO

Cheers mate, am undecided about the bullets tbh.

3700 is a bit pricey considering it needs a fair bit of work

Well all it actually "needs" is front brakes, im doing the rest of the stuff for piece of mind. And the aux belt fix cost me nothing :)

i think you should do the rear strip in carbon fibre and get a carbon fibre front splitter :)

I thought about then when i saw a pic of someone elces in CF vinyl but then decided it wasnt for me. CF front splitter sounds sweet tho :rasp:

cant wait to see this really cant
after speaking with you dude sounds like its gonna be mint will pop over when im back off y hols and get some pics :)
you should get some photos up dude

Right, finished the strip in the back bumper, I like the finished result :)

In primer

P1010007.gif

Done in black...

P1010009.gif

You can see in some of the pics, a bit of glue still left on the bumper from the masking tape, ive still gota remove this so please ignore it!

P1010013.gif

Door bullets next, not sure to i should do them black with silver writing, or leave them silver and paint the writing black, Any opinions? :)

i see what you was on about now nice :)

M235i / 172
Aye matty, a think it looks schweet :) just better than the "gray" look lol

Wolf359 - erm am not sure mate, wont have been me as it isnt on the road yet, but might have been the previous owner, he wasonly from up the road.

M235i / 172
Whoop new plates on the way :D, door bullets removed for middo to colour code, having them flame with black writing :)

Trophy #267
ahh maybe, ive seen a flamer doing the rounds every now n then with non standard wheels. Contemplated playing with badges meself

M235i / 172
Right a bit of an update, this is the back of the car "finished" as far as im concerned :) Here goes....

From the last pics above its now got
1. New plates, full size with 3/4 writing :) (although i may have to put full size on the back because of the bloody police)
2. Clio badge sprayed black
3. Reno diamond sprayed black and the push button colour coded
4. The best bit, the bart simpson sticker in the top of the window :rasp:

Heres the pics, the plate isnt on properly yet btw!

P1010002.gif

P1010003.gif

P1010004-1.gif

Comments welcome :) oh and still awaiting my door bullets back from middo.

M235i / 172
Almost forgot, got a new back wiper to go on, and must get the other part blacked up as its gone grey!