ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, I highly doubt you could ever run your Mk1 in the production series, though the modified class you could as log as you've got an engine from the original build.

i certainly couldn't run it as is, but depending on some more details it would be potentially a lot easier to put near enough to standard to compete in this than to spec it up to be competitive in the modified class.

RS Clio 172 Cup
Ive just had some BCs supplied and fitted by MickPM (1 week ago) and purchased some new AD08 for sprinting. So I would need to purchase some standard suspension and some 1b tyres as the provisional regs stand at present and take a hit on the BCs and AD08s.

Not a problem but I dont want to take the hit till the regs are finalised just in case coilovers end up being allowed and tyres are limited to 1a. I would need to buy/ fit a cage which I wont be doing if sprinting instead.

Not a problem, wont take long to prep the car once they are finalised ;)

Cup In bits
Most semi slick (1b) championships will allow (1a) road tyres so they won't be a waste.

Last edited:
  RS Clio 172 Cup
AD08's been changed to list 1a? Surely not.

Yep its hard to believe but its true. Pretty much every sprint car limited to 1a has them on

Now AD08R has replaced them. Not sure where msa will place them as compound is slightly different

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Adam, Dan you guys just going with OE dampers same as Nick?

Can you actually get any none adjustable ones in Cup spec? :S

WRX
I saw those whilst having a lazy browse on my phone earlier, can't see why they're non cup, as they're 172 fitment?

WRX
Only on 182 Cups.
Maybe they're confused themselves. Those non adjustables are supposed to be a bit naff apparently.

I'd just go OE Cup mate.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Stop trying to think, outside the box and keep it simple to start with.

Tony as it currently has nothing on it apart from yours it makes sense to get the "right" thing the first time round imo ;)

But I will just end up with Cup stuff I think :eek:

RS Clio 172 Cup
Most semi slick (1b) championships will allow (1a) road tyres so they won't be a waste.

Thats a bloody good point actually. Might not be massively different in terms of pace to be fair..... and gives me a convenient excuse for coming last lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Can you actually get any none adjustable ones in Cup spec? :S

The Bilstein B8s from the lower models will fit on the rear, but front im not so sure.

Was having this discussion with Nick the other day actually, i know the idea of the series is to take part, but it might get a little boring being hounded in the bends by Saxo/106/206/306's that can run the Bilstein Group N fixed damper setup, Faulkner springs & Pugsport ARB's and still, from i can see, be well within the rules?

I'd go as far to say that the 206 Gti180 might have finally found its calling lol, same power as the 1*2's, but the availability of proper suspension (if fixed damping struts are the only things allowed in the rules). By comparison, the saxo's/106's will be severely limited by the need for standard front calipers/discs & engine manifolds, so their braking/straight line pace simply wont be there.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Exactly my thinking Dave, might even pop round to protech and see if they want to make a damper up tbh!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And here lies the problem with rules that arent clear enough, flol.

What about a set of AST with seized adjusters? ha ha