ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
so the car can be driven to event

Surely that's an option for people now anyway? Unless they've been poorly maintained, the cars will be MOT'able anyway. So if people want to drive them to the event then they can.
But for People like me who already have a trailer/tow vehicle, it's a £300 expense that's not needed.

182cup & 172 racecar
Surely that's an option for people now anyway? Unless they've been poorly maintained, the cars will be MOT'able anyway. So if people want to drive them to the event then they can.
But for People like me who already have a trailer/tow vehicle, it's a £300 expense that's not needed.

Don't panic!!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yay road legal more additional costs ;)

Also none of the cars would pass a normal mot with just changing the steering wheel!

They will there is a clause in the mot stuff about modified cars and it gives rally cars as an example of something ok to have no airbags etc. My race car still passes its mot legitimately.

Tax is an unecessary expense if not used on road though.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yeah I could get it mot'd but seems pointless spending another 40quid on mot, 200+ on tax and then god only knows what to insure it!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Steering wheel for example as far as I am aware comes from factory with airbag needs to have one for "normal" Mot

Plus for me for instance most of the tacks are a fair old distance so I drive car there (couldn't afford to have yet another road legal tow vehicle as well) it gets broken I pay hundreds to get it home. Perfect!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Really? Not in my experience, just pointless additional expense for no reason tbh!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
If that is needed to be spent agreed, but like Dan say already have suitable trasport means a race car on the road is additional expense defeats object of the series.

Should be left up to drivers what they want to do, any dodgy cars will soon be picked up on at the track!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
The AA will do track days but not races. Something in the small print about untimed events.

Whether they'd know or not, is another matter.

One of the guys we sprint with had an engine problem last year at Anglesey and the RAC picked him up no problem but had another engine failure this year at 3 sisters and would not pick up even after he said he would pay for it so beware.

182cup & 172 racecar
Shouldn't be long Josh, Steves away this week (grand children holidays), but we went over them again at Donny, tweaked the wording etc.

Clio cup 172
It would be great if it was all even
Suspension and tyres mods
Std discs and callipers with your choice of pads
Std engine
Air filter
Different exhaust
Anti roll bar
Stripped out
Fire extinguisher

Mot or not but mot worthy

Hopefully this can keep the costs down