ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

Audi A5
It would be great if it was all even
Suspension and tyres mods
Std discs and callipers with your choice of pads
Std engine
Air filter
Different exhaust
Anti roll bar
Stripped out
Fire extinguisher

Mot or not but mot worthy

Hopefully this can keep the costs down

It basically will be this plus all the safety equipment, cage, helmet, suit etc.

Obviously safety comes first.

182cup & 172 racecar
That's just about summed it up.

We've also worded it so that 15" wheels can be used on the Clios, because of the 15-16" change in production. Just to help with tyre costs really.

Last edited:
  WRX
If you just use the draft as a rough guide, then you won't be far out. Any changes now would be very minor. Strip, cage etc. then minor changes nearer the time if required. Probably do any little changes in a couple of days tops.

WRX
Anyone know approximately how many production class cars will be on the grid in 2014?
I think the truth is nobody knows Harry.
I can guarantee I am and possibly 3 or 4 others off here. Whether anybody who's not on here in a Clio or has a Pug or Ciroen entering is anyone's guess.

I would imagine that there would hopefully be about 6 in the class at first.

WRX
Yeah we'll be with the other existing French Trophy at least, depending on entries. There is also a German class starting, which may well run with us. If the total turnout is still low, I would say there is still a chance we'll be running with the Japanese cars, like this year. Until the total entries are in, it would be a total guess. It would be great if there's about ten of us, as that would possibly make it worth having our own race. If the mod class is as good/better next year. It was close to that at Mallory, as it was a standalone race. Basically we need at least 20 - 25, in all classes before our own race is viable.

Clio 172 Cup
Would be good for all classes to run together. To be fair when it comes to Cadwell it has potential to be a close race throughout all classes.

WRX
Just saying I'd rather there be a nice healthy grid than single races of about 8-10 cars in each
I know what you mean and that wouldn't happen. It's not financially viable for the club operator, paying for the track time. For now we will run with the "big boys" in mod FT at the bare minimum and like I said above, maybe other series too. Even if there's only a couple of us, we'll be mixing it with the other classes in the French like the smaller engined class with Saxos etc.

Clio 172 Cup
I know what you mean and that wouldn't happen. It's not financially viable for the club operator, paying for the track time. For now we will run with the "big boys" in mod FT at the bare minimum and like I said above, maybe other series too. Even if there's only a couple of us, we'll be mixing it with the other classes in the French like the smaller engined class with Saxos etc.

You were up early ;)

Yeah exactly. As its just a series and not a Championship (yet) I would rather run against the other classes in a full or near full grid. With a short grid you run the risk of just being out on track on your own track day style.

WRX
Just thought I'd give this thread a nudge to hopefully drum up some more interest. Still time to get involved people.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
ARDS passed the car build starts properly today :eek:

Sending off the registration forms monday!