ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bass capable 13cm Coax

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Im not one for going overboard on my car stereo.

Im currently running the std Renault crap speakers off a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP HU and Im now thinking of replacing the speakers in the car.

For the front Im still undecided but for the rear I want to put in some std fitting 13cm (5.25 inch) speakers which are capable of a bit of bass. I know Ill never get anywhere near Sub type base but thats not what Im after. Im just after something which wont distort (or tear, or die on me) when I pump out more bass at the rear than through the front comps.

anyone know of any decent speakers which will give me what I want

my limit of spending is 80 quid for a pair.

ripspeed do some really good JBL 13cm speakers which fit like a dream and can be had for 40 quid for the two. i just bought four of them, 2 for the front and 2 for the back. they are really good speakers and can take a kicking when you crank it up.:D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Phil M on 05 August 2003

ripspeed do some really good JBL 13cm speakers which fit like a dream and can be had for 40 quid for the two. i just bought four of them, 2 for the front and 2 for the back. they are really good speakers and can take a kicking when you crank it up.:D
Yup, theyd be the GTO-526e ones and I havce them in my Cup too...

The standard ones are sh!te and the JBLs sound much better.

13cms are never really gona take much bass.

if you just want a basic system, get a nice set of fronts and some 6x9s. the 6x9s will give you a nice bass beat and hopefully that should keep you smiling.

i took the expensive road to get to my stereo, started with just a 7400mp like you, then put in 4 pioneer emotions, then swapped the back emotions for 6x9s.

then swapped the 6x9s for an amp and sub

then moved my front emotions to the back and put in audiobahn comps.

im now happy, and a bit poorer:)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I dont really want to be running cables all over the show...I just want something simple which sounds decent.

Knowing me Ill eventually upgrade but for now I just want something better than standard