ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with speakers

Land Rover
Despite four new looking speakers the sound from the stereo was thin and tinny with no bass.
(In my 2004 Clio 182)
Although fine when sat in the car with the engine off.
This is usually a phase problem and sure enough reversing the polarity of the front speakers cured it.
They were out of phase with the rear ones.
But l need to know which is (+) and which is (-) on the wires so l can get it right, as l may now have all four speakers wired incorrectly.
And while it will work, it’s better if wired correctly.

I need to know which of these wires is (+) and which is (-) in the door.
Hopefully someone can tell me, maybe by looking at an OE door speaker.

Please ignore the connectors as they may be wrong.

7FAC37C4-73FF-4650-8B22-DCD84377889E.jpeg

Last edited:
  Land Rover
So, the front speakers were wired correctly although the near side wiring had been extended and the colours were reversed.
And it was taped up and looked to be shorting out which would explain why the front speakers sometimes went off leaving just the dash top tweeters working.
The rear speakers were both reversed polarity
Also the crimped connectors were not secure and two fell off when l tried to disconnect the speakers.
It’s now all correct with new connections soldered and insulated with heat shrink sleeving.
The sound is now way better with actual bass and depth to the music.
Another job done.