ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bass outside car

1.2 16v (Race Spec)
How can you get bass to drone outside the car because my sub and amp just sounds bassy inside the car but when you get out you cant hear it. Yet I see some cars when I'm walking and its really loud and droning etc. Do I just needs bigger/better subs or is it because I have a free air setup as opposed to a bandpass setup?

Please help!
Thanx

Golf GTI 1.8T
I don't klnow myself, but as long as it sounds good inside thats all that matter. Most of the cars that I've been in where you can proper hear the bass outside so really ****e inside because there not set up properly. But then there are the odd few that sound perfect in and out, someone will know.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Isnt good sound inside the car what you want?

One thing though. If you walk away from the car the stereo will seem louder

Polo + Micra
yeah it will sometimes be louder further away from the car depends on the wavelength

e.g 20Hz has a wavelength of 30 feet iirc

BMW E46 330i Touring
Decent sound inside a car is always fantastic, but when I hear a car 'boom boom boom' -ing from 50 metres behind me, I often just think '****'.

I'd rather people hear my induction roar or sweet exhaust note than my music booming out!

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
the thing is you will probably have a louder system than the other cars because less sound is escaping out throught the car panels etc because ures is better sound proofed...its better that way. Like eviljohn said roll down the window

All good points ^^^

Be aware that if you go around advertising your system it's not long until someone takes an interest who shouldn't, if you know what I mean... :rolleyes:

I don't think there's many cars that I see rolling around booming the tunes out that I see/hear for any extended period of time, and I'm quite sure that it's not because they've got bored of doing so! Although it's annoying as ****, it's better to keep it stealth around town and then just ramp up the tunes when you're on the road between towns or in places that you're only going the once and are miles away from where you live. :)

(all IMO of course!)

Mk2 Golf GTI
Like the others said...roll your windows down.
I used to think why dont my bass sound like i wud hear when other cars are driving past...then one day i had all my windows open, while i was hoovering the car, i went inside, i could hear and feel the bass while i was in my house!
Also the bass sounds nice while im in the car too...and its only a 10" vibe active sub...

Audi TT 225 Quattro
spirez said:
What's the point anyway?

I don't personally see the obsession with attracting thieves to my sound system, unless you want to impress the 15 year old girls and boys outside the local chippy?

But if you insist in doing so, buy one of these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...id=934&cadid=4efcfbd760691061bfaabe689faacb39

with a couple of these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=2702&cadid=4efcfbd760691061bfaabe689faacb39

Seems to work in my mate's saxo

bit of serious equipment there, cost some bucks aswell but would deff work.

which box r u using with ur sub as ive found u get a louder sound inside and out with a ported box

Polo + Micra
nice choice of amp there spirez
icon10.gif