ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bast*rds / Need...

Jag Mondeo -Type
Hello all,

Washed the car yesterday and took the sideskirts as coming loose so was gouin to put them back on today, didn't get around to it though...

There's some scumbags around at the moment. Street parking in Nottingam -> fail
DSC_0309.jpg

Got a witness to this lunchtimes events. Some drunken scum started throwing stones at my car, few minor dents in rear three quarter, then threw a house brick!! which missed the actualy car and just hit the exhaust, wondered why there were bits of brick in my exhaust :(. Them said scum bag decided to run over my car, very dented roof, slight dent in bonnet, possible slight one on boot lid. Arrgh, c***s
Exhaust:
DSC_0305.jpg

Bonnet
DSC_0300.jpg

Boot:
DSC_0303.jpg

Roof 2 more dents
DSC_0312.jpg

From inside
DSC_0330.jpg

More roof
DSC_0315.jpg

Apologies for need, police going to check it out tomorrow, not sure whether fixing it myself as excess is ~£500 so not worth claiming, not touching it yet though as want to gt it checked over, think the large dent inroof will pop out, but not sure if it'll hav streched/craized the paint. Anyone think it'll be fine. Fucked off as apart for the swirl marks it was f**king perfect,

Witness (a top bloke!!) can identy the suspect though, phoned police, they drove past didn't ceck my car and then left. Maybe karma will catch up with said criminal ;)

Also yesterday found out 'aquired' my new credit card in the postal system and sent it to their friend in Moscow, who tried to get cash out, ha ha they failed. Minor vicory for me.

Im now out of need, :eek:

xx
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w306/duncansharp/220309/DSC_0305.jpg

Jag Mondeo -Type
Cheers guys, seems to be loads of random vandalism recently, would like to have a few minues with the guy responsible :evil:

some form of punishment needed tbh!

Will try the legal route, although it would be a shame if they had an accident :eek: Fortunately I have a witness who said he could ID the guy, so that may help

dodgy area the roof, best get a pro's opinion. Might have to reskin it
Hmm, I don't know a great deal about bodywork, but the paint isn't cracked so hoping to get it fixed without any that extreme. Will get a body shop to check it out when I get chance,

Gutted mate. Not parked at your place?
No mate, parked just off the main road in Sneinton,

astra coupe on coilovers
tw47s i think you should fid who it is throw them in the boot of the car tie bricks to the feet and throw them in the sea that usally works ;)

106 GTI
If you have the dents pushed/pulled there will be some evidence left behind :( normally a ripple effect

Jag Mondeo -Type
Thanks again for feeding my need, sympathy and for help everyone.

Lol, I should tie the brick they threw at the car to their feet, (plus a few more) oh the irony...

Someone on a different forum suggested the metal may have been streched as well, not sounding too good, on the old repair front.

Jag Mondeo -Type
I was thinking if i paint strippered the bonnet and fit some steel rims i could pull the rat look off :clown:

Jag Mondeo -Type
Yeah pricks, getting it assessed and a quote later this week, hopefully,
Ain't going to be cheap whether i pay or claim on insurance (£550 excess) depends if the bodyshop can get all the dents out the roof making it perfect again, doubtful tbh...

Gutted for you mate. spoke to my son who is in the trade and says that the roof may not pop out and may need to be teased with heat and some massaging. Footprints should polish out with a good mop. If you do it yourself you will need to take out the headlining and then heat the dent from inside with a hair dryer and it may pop on its own. It does look quite deep and may not pop out on own. If you get it wrong it could mean having to put on a whole new roof skin and the respray that will entail will definitely be more than your £500 excess. If you know of a good bodyshop get them to look at it.

Jag Mondeo -Type
Cheers for the input, guess it will be an insurance claim, taking it to insurance approved bodyshop later this week/next week to check it out.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Terrible mate.
Roof skin is minor on a clio mate. Easy peesy!

Whereabouts in notts were u parked? ive only ever once parked in the street in notts, window got smashed and stereo was stolen. Some proper cnuts about.

Clio 182 + Recaros
It was parked up in Sneinton. Going to make seeing my lady-friend interesting.

I was a student in Nottingham. Although it was almost 20 years ago I had my first motor f*cked over in Sneinton as well - some things never change. Good luck with the repairs

Jag Mondeo -Type
Thanks,

There seem to be a lot of low-life scum with nothing good in their shite lives, no job or prospects, so take it out on peoples possessions. Which when you don't have a huge income and spend a lot of it on a car, is annoying.

Come on karma sort them coonts out

Jag Mondeo -Type
Well been to the insurance approved body shop,
New roof, bonnet repaired and painted, scoop repaired and repainted £1939 :huh:

Problem is excess is £550, plus a claim will put my insuance up (even though got protected NCB) SO will end up costing me ~£800

Brother thinks I'd be better getting it fixed as best as poss. with PDR for ~£250 (??) and live with it. But this'll have a big impact on future resale value with a rippled roof.

Also the fact Im skint at the moment is a problem.

:S:dapprove::mad::cry::drunk:

AK

M240i
Your insurance shouldnt go up next year with protected no claims.

I crashed with my protected no claims, made a claim of circa £2.5k and the monthly payment went down by £10 a month at renewal lol.

Jag Mondeo -Type
Hmm have to look into the insurance malarky, been told that even with protected NCB, a fault claim will still put it up a bit, will check it out though cheers :approve:

decisions, decision...