ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batman Asylum

1.8 Civic EX
certainly is. I gave up on the game a few days ago, decided I couldn't be bothered with the challenges and finishing it on Hard. Then wen't round my mates last night, he put it on and I was helping him out. This made me want to play it again lol

none :(
tbh hard isnt that hard really, i did it on hard the 1st time round.

as i say im just having problems trying to do the challanges etc

1.8 Civic EX
yeah I like it on hard, thing is mine keeps cocking up for some reason and wiping my save.

I got about half way through on hard then when I loaded the game up the next day it decided to forget what I had done all together, leaving only the game save I have for playing through on Normal, meaning I got to start all over again..

Astra CDTI SRI
lol!
Video games developer Eidos have come up with a novel way of catching users playing pirated copies of their game.

Players using illegal copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum have found that essential control functions in the game have been disabled, rendering it unplayable.

One user complained on the Eidos forum that there was a bug in the code, only to be told by the administrator that they had "a bug in your moral code".

The PC version of the stealth action adventure goes on sale later this week.

Players attempting to use the glide function within the game will find it disabled in pirated versions, resulting in the Batman character coming to an untimely end.

The protection system came to light when a user complained on the Eidos support forum saying:

"When I...jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding."

An Eidos community manager replied, saying the user had encountered "a hook" in the copy protection system, designed to "catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free".

"It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code," he added.

While Eidos did not want to spell out the mechanics of the copyright protection system, they did say that it was in place to deter hackers, although the fact the game is not yet on sale made this particular case of piracy somewhat obvious.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8256405.stm

1.8 Civic EX
i've only gone and done it! 100% for me

now i'm defo gonna start on hard again just to get the last achievment 1000/1000 for me! :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm on 82% or so on Normal at the moment. Need to find 3 more trophies and a couple of riddles, along with a few more chattering Joker teeth.

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Got this game yesterday and love it !

When you get the riddles such as lining up the question mark on the window in detective mode, what do you press to complete the riddle ?!

360 btw :)

1.8 Civic EX
Got this game yesterday and love it !

When you get the riddles such as lining up the question mark on the window in detective mode, what do you press to complete the riddle ?!

360 btw :)

L bumper button, hold it down.

just switched off the three pump things on hard...nearly there now!

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Damn this game is good, struggling to get past the snipers on the ledge at the moment after the batcave, guard towers are no problem but keep getting shot trying to get these sods!

Only 18% complete :(

1.8 Civic EX
Just finished on hard. The bit after the credits is different on hard than on normal ;). That's it done now all achievments done. Time to trade in.

Clio 182
I am stuck doing the challenges they are so hard!. Completed the game on hard and got all the bits. Great game just hard to get the medals in challenge mode.

Update, where the fook is Dr.Youngs office after freeing the hostages... aggggggh!

in the room where the thugs are searcing for the paper work, there is a door the other end of the room (left hand side) by the big statue, it took me ages to spot this, once you enter you should have to save 2/3 guards iirc

I am stuck doing the challenges they are so hard!. Completed the game on hard and got all the bits. Great game just hard to get the medals in challenge mode.

couldnt do the challenges lol - only managed to get 8 medals on predator. god knows how to get 24 lol

Still not 100% on this game , i'm just past taking out Croc. I think Batman needs to be more fluid , i mean you can't even jump over anything , and it's very hard to see so i spend most of my time in DM. The worst part for me is for a stealth game you can't use any shadows/darkness to hide ( MGS/Splinter Cell ) i'd give it 7/10

1.8 Civic EX
Predator ones are easy, what ones you stuck with? (I'm assuming you know you can press the back button on the joypad and it tells you what you need to do to get all three bats and you not just trying to guess what you have to do?!?!)

Combat on the other hand takes some practice but stick to the method and they aren't too bad when you get the hang of it.

Last edited:
yeah i know where it tells me what to do, tbh i just aint got the paitence to try and do it lol, dont like the combat ones either, i cant get the x40 combo or the perfect combo

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had it for a while via Steam on the PC, but I'm only chipping away at it just now. Really liking it so far - pretty clever game design in some parts too. :)

ShippingPC-BmGame2010-06-1319-53-44.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2010-06-1519-13-23.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2010-06-1519-35-20.jpg

Absolutely friggin loved this bit! :approve:

ShippingPC-BmGame2010-06-1519-38-49.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2010-06-1519-44-00.jpg

Just dealing with this bloke at the moment....

ShippingPC-BmGame2010-06-1519-57-39.jpg

I must admit, the control system clearly isn't meant for PC interfaces. I might even have to drag out the 'ol gamepad again to play this properly. With a keyboard and mouse, the mainstay of the game is fine. What it simply cannot cope with is when there's a lot going on - like the bit prior to rescuing the doctors with 5 armed guards patrolling about and in some way, the geezah above when the extra goons come in. You know exactly what you need to do, but the delay between input and what happens on screen is both too long and a little frustrating. Probably hindered in a lot of ways from the 3rd person view.

That said, it's really enjoyable and I'll certainly stick it out until the end. :cool:

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
One of the few games I did almost everything on,.

Same here. 100%'d the single player including all the riddles etc, but didn't unlock all the Achievements as a few of them were for the Challenges game, which I didn't even bother with.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
About 45-50% the way through I think at the moment - just at that point after where you control Joker and then end up going against the Scarecrow on the roof-tops again.

Its certainly one of the most rewarding, yet frustrating games I've played in recent times. At some points, it's epic - hanging upside down and doing an inverted takedown to name but one - then criminally let down by the interface when a 'lot' is going on. Take the bit I'm on at the moment against several skeletons in a small space. The game keeps prompting to press 'Del - Counter' yet that only works in about 1 in 5 instances - leaving you to get pummeled the other 4 times. Combat with multiple enemies just appears to be a random combo of smashes, rather than a skilled and coordinated attack.

I'm 12 hours in now and I'll certainly see it to the end. One that I'm increasingly looking forward to! :)

D.

1.8 Civic EX
About 45-50% the way through I think at the moment - just at that point after where you control Joker and then end up going against the Scarecrow on the roof-tops again.

Its certainly one of the most rewarding, yet frustrating games I've played in recent times. At some points, it's epic - hanging upside down and doing an inverted takedown to name but one - then criminally let down by the interface when a 'lot' is going on. Take the bit I'm on at the moment against several skeletons in a small space. The game keeps prompting to press 'Del - Counter' yet that only works in about 1 in 5 instances - leaving you to get pummeled the other 4 times. Combat with multiple enemies just appears to be a random combo of smashes, rather than a skilled and coordinated attack.

I'm 12 hours in now and I'll certainly see it to the end. One that I'm increasingly looking forward to! :)

D.

don't button mash, combat/combos is actually very very good yet slow and simple (obviously i was on 360 though not pc so had a controller instead of keyboard)

See my post on page 10 about doing all the moves in one combo. It's suprisingly easy if you just take your time.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
don't button mash, combat/combos is actually very very good yet slow and simple (obviously i was on 360 though not pc so had a controller instead of keyboard)

See my post on page 10 about doing all the moves in one combo. It's suprisingly easy if you just take your time.

You're no doubt right. I've managed a fair few x10 combos and even got that x20 achievement when fighting those two blokes that Joker had just shot with the Titan toxin.

But I never really feel like I've contributed to that combination score - more like I just fluked it than anything. I'll definitely have to get the gamepad out of retirement (yep - said it before, but I really need to do it now - lol!) :)

D.

Love this game, have it for both the 360 and PS3 (so i could play as the joker lol)

2nd one will be just as epic if not more!

[youtube]W73_hcyc6Dg[/youtube]

P.S. Who digs the slutty Harley Quinn?? ;)